Light Chemical Peels - No Benefit

I have had four chemical peels in the last few...

I have had four chemical peels in the last few months, with virtually no peeling or any sort of benefit, and I'm confused as to how this could be the case.

The first three peels I had were light Jessner solutions (done with the intention that I'd be able to be back at work in a few days). The third one of these that I had, had an added layer of salicylic acid added to it. I barely any peeling/flaking after each of these.

Last week, I had a 70% glycolic peel done (left on for a few minutes), and figured for sure I'd get some peeling/flaking after this one, and even had a couple extra days of downtime to account for this. Nothing happened! I was red for a day or two, but had no flaking other than around my mouth, which is a dry area to begin with.

My skin is pretty sensitive, so I would have expected more of a reaction to these peels, and would have expected SOME turnover of my skin but. . .nothing! Is my skin just stubborn, or do I just need to be patient and go deeper? Thanks!

This is one of the biggest misconceptions of chemical peels. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PEEL WITH A PEEL! That is a fallacy. Just because you didn't literally peel doesn't mean it didn't work. Most of the time, you won't peel. That's just how it goes. With most chemical peels there is little to no social downtime, meaning you can go get a peel on your lunch break and no one would know the difference. Unless you are getting a much deeper peel, like say a Phenol peel which are very rarely used anymore except in plastic surgeons' offices (and they rarely use those anymore) you won't peel very much. Every person is different, but don't think that just because you didn't flake or peel has nothing to do with it's efficacy. Most peeling doesn't happen until the third day after a peel and will usually subside around the 5th day.
What is the benefit you are looking to get? The best peel that can be done yourself involves TCA. It's the only one you can self administer that goes into the deeper layers of the skin. ALWAYS start light with TCA! Regarding peels the ones that make a major difference have long downtimes. This can't be avoided as most of your skin imperfections are in the deeper areas and you have to have a recovery time due to going to the deeper area. Glycolic peels tend to only last a week or so for results as well as the Jessners.