Happy in Florida

Had mine done last June, and am quite happy. the...

Had mine done last June, and am quite happy. the scars are still quite visible though. Made a huge difference and would do it again.

My question is what makes the skin around my neck and ears, kinda of "mottled" looking, and they sometimes itch too. Should I come in for a follow up, or maybe a touch up?

fully explained everything and made sure i was comfortable as possible

SherryJean.....sorry for laughing...but re-read your post. You are so happy, but what would make your skin mottled?? Please. That is success?
I'm researching the LSL procedure. Could do it this year, but I'd like info from ladies who have had the procedure. My daughter-in-law said a string is used to pull and lift??? Where are thy inscions? Do the docs pull your skin up? Anyone have daqk circles cleared up? Thanks.
It is a FACE LIFT without anesthesia. Don't listen to the Drs. or commissioned based workers at LSL. They lie. Period. They will bring you in for your "free consult" and tell you that this is "revolutionary" and "new" and how it is just "a little over an hour." They UNDERPLAY it through and through. I thought I would die and they cut from the front of my ears to the back....and I was unaware of what the Dr. was doing. He said it would be a "small cut" in "front of my ear." Do yourself a favor....go to a REAL Plastic Surgeon. Two yrs later, my jowls are back, and the numbness and aching, as well as the itching...from my stitches and what appears to be nerve damage ...are also with me on a DAILY BASIS. LSL I curse you!!!
My Dr. was in Maitland, Fl. and he was excellent. There is no string involved. The muscle is stichted under your chin due to sagging, the skin pulled back, cut off and sutchered (sp). In the front fold of your ear and around the crease in the back and some in side back hairline. Small incision underneath chin. Laser worked very well. Peeled, then looked clean and tighter.
Sherry....mine was like that too...all behind my ears...bunched up, etc...and I had it done in Dec of 2007. I hate to tell you, the lift itself looked ok...you can't see the front scars...but here I am, two years later and I itch and have pain behind my ears and in front of my ears to this day. I kick myself all the time for doing this...because I could kind of afford it.....that is what LSL hopes...that you are lured by the lower fee.
Sorry you had such a bad experience. I guess I just got defensive. Thank you for you input. Sherryjean
Not a problem, like I said nothing personal. I do hope that your lift lasts and that you have good luck with it. That's why it is so important that all ladies follow up not only on their bios but also in case they have bad results or continued good results. I think that it is so important to warn other ladies of the the dangers of this particular lift BUT... if you do find a good surgeon, you have to let people know who to see. So, I wasn't really picking on you, lots of women do the same thing and then try to blast those of us who have had bad results when they have good results until oops, 4-6 months down the road they come back and go OH NO, my face fell and my jowls came back, what can I do, can I make them fix it or pay me back. I waited 5 months before I posted and I really did try to work with LSL to fix my problems before I went public. Good Luck to you and keep us posted. Best, Chrystal
Excuse you sherryjean, I have plenty of clues. Look at my face on my bio page and then be glad that you are not in the same condition. Be glad that you only have scars behind your ears. Since you have not posted pictures and only have asked the question about your neck and ears, any answer that we give you can only be an assumption. My face also did a paper crinkle or mottled kind of thing under my eyes which was not there before my surgery. I was told that it was due from the skin being over stretched? The only other answer that I was given that made sense was that the skin was pulled from my neck in a direction which made the skin actually wrinkle up. (I also wound up with more wrinkles around my mouth than before surgery.) My skin itched like crazy behind my ears until I had the surgery redone 9 months later. I also had stabbing pains, couldn't talk on the phone use my glasses, wear earrings... but I never figured out what caused it. Now Bits on this board has more experience with the itching. She can probably help you more in that area. You can also go to ask the doctors a question area and ask there. Maybe they can help. By the way, nothing personal, only trying to give women the information needed to make an informed decision. Best, Chrystal
Happy but won't give name of provider? How are you helping others if you don't fully explain and give the info needed to act on? That is why this board exists, to help others and you do not help if you only give part of the infomation needed. And you are happy with visible scars? Thanks but no thanks. I don't want to pay out a bunch of money for a job 1/2 done.
By visible I mean, you have to look behind my EARS. The Drs. are in Maitland Florida. It still was a huge improvement. I was looking for an answer to my question from others who have had the procedure. Not criticism from someone who has NO clue about the matter!!
where are your photos???
There are many quacks in the state of Florida. If someone truely found a good Doctor that could be trusted and was skilled in his profession, this would be priceless and appreciated information. Possibly you have to sign a form and cannot reveal the Doctors name or location. I am sure there are different ways for this information to be known. We need to know who to stay away from or better yet, who to see. Without this information, as far as I am concerned, most of these stories are useless. We need to sort out the quacks and give our money to the skilled Doctors. As we all know, most of us will take a chance and have a procedure done at one point or another. Don't put us in harms way if you can help us.