Age 52 - Positive Experience and Results

I'm 52 and I had a lifestyle lift along with...

I'm 52 and I had a lifestyle lift along with face and neck lyposculpture 18 days ago. I had a very heavy neck and jowls.

I'm very happy with the results. I was back to work on the 4th day after surgery, although I still had to wear a bandage. The procedure itself was not painfull and not uncomfortable for me. I needed pain meds the first day and then just at night for the next four days. One week after surgery I went out and about. Still some bruising but was able to cover it with makeup.

After reading the reviews on this site I was concerned and almost cancelled. I'm very glad I didn't. I look years younger.

Dr Andrew Florea

My doctor had a great manner, made me feel very comfortable and confident in him.

It appears that's LSL is trying to bump up their percentage on this site again. Who wants to call their AG, just to be sure?
Dear thinktwice,
It's our American Duty to do so. Having the laws so lax as to have corporate medical practices be able to perform surgeries in non-sterile office rooms not having to be accredited by anyone, not having to answer to anybody, leaving the poor victims to try and have to pursue legal aid as their only recourse, after being left physically and emotionally damaged. The powers that be won't do anything until we make the atrocities known. Let's see, they've taken mercury out of our thermometers, make us wear seat belts, and the list goes on and on... and it's OK for corporate medical practices to be performing surgery in this manner on totally unsuspecting people who have been lured in by their deceptive and fraudulent advertisements and heavy handed sales tactics, offering discounts only if you sign up that day!!! LORD HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear RoseMaybud:

With regard to "There you go again, accusing Lifestyle Lift doctors of being ENTs when they are all in fact, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons", you are posting false information.

If you look at their Doctor bios, most of them are ENTs and even more are DOs (not MDs). There is not a credible doctor in their organization when you look at their credentials and academic afiliations.
In fact, if you go to the review "Don't Do It - Dallas, TX" on this site, Dr. Himmelheber (a Lifestyle Lift doctor) admits just being an ENT and tries to defend this. He also tries to defend the use of unlicensed aides to remove stitches, administer medications, and first assist on surgeries.

Please be more accurate with your postings.
Thank you.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Rose,

I've blocked your comment because we can't publish large chunks of text from other websites, for copyright reasons.

Dear Sandy,
You are so right!!! I'm glad you're here to help us keep the TRUTH shining!!! Keep up the good work!
I had my face done 1-1/2 yrs ago.
I WOULDNT GO OUT OF THE HOUSE FOE 4 WEEKS
how long have you had your face lift
I have been reading some of the doctors' comments on these pages, and shame on them. They are giving false information, because they realize that the LS Lift has been taking the country by storm, and they are losing business. So they have sour grapes. Some of the misinformation they are giving, is that the LS Lift is not performed by 'real' plastic surgeons. That is a lie. All LS Lift doctors are board-certified plastic surgeons, and many had their own practices before joing the LS Lift team. Also, they said it only last 2 yrs or so, and that is another lie. The LS Lift, depending on genetics and other factors in a person's lifestyle, lasts fron 8 to ten years.

Again, shame on all these plastic surgeons, who are posting misinformation to scare people. I would do it again, and I would not give my money to these expensive plastic surgeons who would post such misleading comments on this site.

P.S. I do NOT work for the Lifestyle Lift.

RoseMarybud, shame on the doctors for telling the the truth, are you a doctor? Have you ever performed a facial procedure or aka facelift? If not, how could you possible know that comments made by some doctors are not the absolute truth. Why would a doctor take a chance in posting something that is not the truth?  And your comment in your first post that "I once again reiterate, it is not the fault of the Lifestyle Lift but of your surgeon". You do realize that LSL trains the doctors, right. That they work in the LSL facilities. One hand washes the other. If there are repeated bad surgeries by the same Doctor, I would think that LSL would terminate that Doctor and fix the problem, but complaints seem to be from all areas, different doctors. If it was just one doctor LSL could fix that easily. I am no doctor, but I think that the combination of an outdated procedure combined with a cattle mill mentality of scheduling works in combination for production of poor results, sometimes death. Another thing that you mention, being put to sleep at the tune of $2500. I had a redo of my LSL nightmare and it cost me $1200 additional. I wanted to be put to sleep. I did not want to suffer through the redo awake. Other surgeons can & do offer procedures like LSL under general or local anesthesia. And the shock of the bruising -- well, maybe it is in the presentation or the infomercials that are misleading. When you went in for your consult, did they warn you that your head would swell up like a basketball and turn black and blue for quite a few days? Honestly? If a person is determined to have a LSL (lower facelift), they should be smart, do their homework & Get a 2nd opinion. I honestly believe if comparing apples to apples with a LSL vs a board certified facial plastic surgeon doing the same sort of surgery, they can be competitive.  A LSL doctor recently posted "BUYER BEWARE", the smartest thing that I have ever seen a LSL doctor post and I thank him for doing so. I am happy that you have had good results, I would not wish what I went through on my worst enemy.  Best, Chrystal Eckes
Chrystal, why would you be lurking on this forum with your nauseating photo? Don't you realize all of us looked bad after the surgery? Most human beings will look beat up after any type of facelift, even those who do not have the Lifestyle Lift. I happen to bruise very easily, and I looked horrid at about 4 days post op. But I improved after then, little by little.

All you do is scare people when those of us who are happy with our outcome want to encourage individuals to get this done.

Shame on YOU for defending doctors who charge an arm and a leg and have the nerve to say Lifestyle Lift surgeons are not "real" plastic surgeons when I know for a fact most of them had their own practices before joining the Lifestyle Lift team.

So take that nauseating photo off of this site and please stop scaring people. Not to mention people are EATING and don't want to lose their food.

And no, I am not a doctor, and I do not work for the Lifestyle Lift.

First of all RoseMarybud, I am not "lurking" and the photo is exactly how I looked after my LSL! Yea, most women do look bad after surgery but not for 6 months or more! Scare people, hell, people should be scared, very scared. Even one of LSL own doctors recently posted "BUYER BEWARE"! And as I have said many, many times, go get the LSL consult, then go to a private practice facial plastic surgeon and get a 2nd opinion. Be aware of what you are getting yourself into. That is my message to you or anybody else. If LSL thinks they have cornered the market on facial procedures (really surgery), then they are wrong. They are target marketing women with advertising, down playing the procedure (surgery) and many women are unhappy. Some will not even post because they are ashamed to even admit that they have had a LSL.

Shame on me, no - shame on YOU! Here you are trying to convince women to go based on an infomercial that downplays every aspect of what is really going to happen to you once they begin sticking you with all the needles in the face. Believe me, people are reading these posts, educating themselves about what is going on in LSL offices all over the US. Granted, those of you that have had good results, good for you, I am happy that you have not had to go through what many of us have had to deal with including having to have the surgery redone (& not by LSL).

The only thing LSL has going for them is a fantastic marketing team and a ful staff of full time lawyers in the Michigan office who is quick to draw up papers to hush anyone who seem a threat.

If you don't like my photo, don't look at it. And if someone does throw up or become sick due to my photo, maybe they will think twice or at least get a 2nd opinion about what they are about to do to themselves. And BTW, I have as much right to post here as you do. And again, the doctors that advocate for those of us who have had terrible results, I thank them for what they are doing. They are putting their reputations on the line for people they do not even know. Why would they do that for no reason, they are the ones who have seen the results and had to fix some of the LSL procedures. I cannot thank them enough, I applaud their courage.

In-so-far ad me defending these doctors, you bet I will. Most can preform a Lower facelift like LSL and be competitive if you don't want to be put to sleep. You really must compare apples to apples, and I just don't think that you know as much as you think that you do about these Doctors. Dr. Prendiville, MD was just online recently explaining that an ENT does have the ability to perform plastic surgery and everything that they have to go through with training.

I hope you are not a LSL doctor or employee, because if you are you would be in direct violation of the lawsuit from NY and maybe fined another $300,000 for posting.

I wish you continued success with your LSL and hope that someday everyone can bost the same. Until then, my ugly mug will continue to appear where ever I wish to post. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
There you go again, accusing Lifestyle Lift doctors of being ENTs when they are all in fact, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons.

I have learned it is useless to argue with people like you. But you need to realize you make yourself look really foolish posting your hysterical rants on this forum. You say you're happy for those of us who had a happy outcome, yet you continue to post your negativity.

Again, I am not a LSL doctor or an employee. Just a happy patient.

Now go away.

Thank you RMB for your astute observations... or lack there of. I have never said that any Dr. affiliated with LSL is not a board certified Dr., but if you will take note, there are many types of Boards and Affiliations that a Dr. can be certified by and many of the Dr.s that work for LSL are ENT's. Just because they are ENT's does not mean that they are not board certified.

As of whom seems foolish, if warning people to be sure to take action and be aware of what they are getting into, well, that is just common sense. Not one of your points even addresses any of mine, in fact you have either misunderstood what I wrote or are just adamant that a LSL will work for everyone. This is just not true. In fact, I have never heard of a LSL doctor telling any patient that a LSL would not work for them or even offered an alternative method. Why? Because they are in the business of selling LSL's even if one is not needed at the time or if an alternative would be better.

And yes, I am happy that you are happy and hope that you continue to be so. I am not negative, just warning people to be proactive. Many people are unaware of many aspects of facial plastic surgery  and also different options, so it would be smart to investigate any plastic surgery that one is interested in. A 2nd opinion never hurt anyone. I never accused you of being a LSL employee, you are the one who keeps insisting that you are a happy patient. As far as me going away, sorry, but that is not going to happen. Again, Best, Chrystal Eckes.
Bud... Stop spreading FALSE information. MY "surgeon" was an ENT "specializing in cosmetic surgery". You can't tell people to "go away" as you have been doing with all of your banal pontifications. NO ONE is going to believe you. NOT ALL LSL SURGEONS ARE BCPS!!! You STILL can't get your facts straight! So maybe you need to follow your own advise!
Chrystal,
I'm so sorry for the insensitive peoples comments directed toward you. Some people have an agenda to keep the truth of what is actually going on behind closed doors from getting out into the public. So you go girl. Keep the bandaged face pic. They want to hide the fact that you come out of there looking like that! They cut you bad!!! So keep letting people know!
If you're uneducated enough to have an ENT do your facelift, then it's no one's fault but your own.

But according to the LSL website, The vast majority of Lifestyle Lift® doctors are Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeons or Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, and are members of the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgery.

Thank you 2T, I will keep the photo. I don't understand why it would bother anyone. I have taken the time to post my full photos so everyone can see unlike others who boast of great results but no photos. I don't understand that. I wish that I had the wonderful results that are all but promised in the commercials/infomercials. I wish realself had been around when I was doing research for the LSL. Now that the information is available, I do hope people will take the time to really research this particular lift before having it done. Get a 2nd opinion. Many Doctors here at realself will give a free consult and at most, $50 bucks is a lot cheaper than paying to have a LSL redone. Best, Chrystal Eckes

Do you even know what ENT stands for?

RMB, by definition an ENT is an otolaryngologist. Some specialize is Facial Surgery and yes, they can be board certified. The remark that you have made towards 2T is insensitive and insulting. Please know your information before retaliating to insults! There is no need for that here, we are here to share information and to be able to tell our stories without making someone else feel badly.  I am glad that you are happy. Be happy and let it go at that, no one is attacking you, simply pointing out information that you have omitted; you are only going by what you have been told by LSL or have read on the LSL website. I am sure if you take the time to read more of the unhappy reviews, you will see that some people have had less than favorable results and maybe you would be able to see our side and be compasionate. Best, Chrystal Eckes
Guys! Guys! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you are happy with your results, that's wonderful. If you are unhappy you have my compassion. Someone needs to let go of some very tightly held reins.
Give the other person the last word; YOu'll be surprised how freeing it is.
By the way, I,too, had the LSL . It's only been 1 1/2 months but so far I am pleased. Some imperfections have returned but overall I am very pleased. The lidocaine injections were painful and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone other than a person very,very unhappy with their facial aging, as I was. Research your individual doctor. Remember, very few of us have probably had the same doctor. My doctor was well trained and very upfront with me about the numbness taking several more months before it goes away and also that some more "imperfections" may return.
Let go of the bickering and either enjoy your results or see if you can take legal action. Mud-throwing only demeans you.
(And if anyone accuses me of working for LSL, you couldn't be more wrong.......But what you think of me is none of my business.)
No one has heard an apology from you about the statement, "If you're uneducated enough to have a ENT do your facelift, then it's no one's fault but your own. and then you went off on promoting their dr.s.

You never acknowledged Chrystal's educational points as to what exactly and ENT IS. AND you never admitted that ENT's are mostly what LSL hires! ! ! WHY? When this is an educational Website, not a promotional one ! ! !
Prior post directed to RoseMaybud.