Latisse and Uneven Results

I've been using Latisse for five weeks and the...

I've been using Latisse for five weeks and the results have been mixed. My right eye's lashes are getting longer (had to clip two that sprinted out (1/8-1/4")in front of the others), but not thicker nor darker. My left eye has had minimal results leaving me with two different looking eyes. Has anyone experienced this inequality and if so, did it improve over time? Thank you.

My right lashes are longer. I suppose it relates to the potential growth of the lashes, which aren't necessarily identical. Probably, if we closely looked at our lashes before we began Latisse, we'd see the same disparity, but it isn't so noticeable on short lashes. I don't mind, though, since all my lashes are reasonably long. But I admit, they didn't get much thicker or darker.
I used Latisse for 5 months. The left lashes were noticably longer than the right.When I went to the maintance of 3 days a weak they became shorter!!! I went back to everyday, with no results. What's going on?? I hate to keep wasting money. Has anyone else experienced this??
same here, I've only been applying to the shorter eye lashes for 2 weeks and still uneven, anyone figure this out?
Certainly you will see some disparity if you are "wearing off" the solution from your lash base. Try applying an hour or two before you go to bed. Timing is a factor. It is usually only between 8 to 12 weeks that you get the lash "explosion" that comes from Latisse. Hair cycles are not the same all over. Pressure to the hair base on your right side may have an effect on the cycles of hair growth that don't match up on the left. You are doing the right thing. You can also try applying to the right side every night and the left every other night and see if this affects the balance. Remember that Latisse affects the lash growth cycle by prolonging the active growth phase and there is no way to instruct the body to equalize the entry phases of growth cycles. By 16 weeks most users have a fairly symmetrical growth pattern on both eyes. If this is not the case for you, then continued use could be more of a frustration than a help. Not all cosmetic enhancements work the same for everyone.
Great answer. Thank you!
I have the same problem! My right eyelashes are shorter than my left ones. It's so annoying because when I wear mascara you can really see the difference. I think the "inequality" may be related to the way I sleep. I sleep in my right side and think that as I sleep the solution rubs off on my pillow. I've been making the effort to sleep on my left side to even things out. I'm at 8 weeks right now and am hoping that this awkward stage will pass soon. I'll keep you updated on my progress. And by all means, update me on yours as well. Thanks for posting, I'm glad that someone else is sharing my frustrations.
Abee, I'll keep you updated as well. I generally apply Latisse a couple hours prior to going to bed so I shouldn't have a problem with it rubbing off, but perhaps it's still an issue. I also spend most of the night sleeping on my back, but again, who knows what positions I move to during the night. I'll keep you updated as I move through the next 11 weeks, and hopefully we'll both see our eyelash growth even out over time. Thanks for posting!
I just hit my 12th week and my right lashes are finally beginning to catch up to my left. There is still a blatant length difference but it looks better than how it did a few weeks ago. I will update again on my 16th week to let you know my progress. I also plan to post pictures from day 1 to week 16 also, so look out for that. Have a good one!!
abee, I'm going on week 15 and my lashes on my left eye are trying to catch up. I was hoping for more fullness and darkening since I'm a natural blonde, but can't complain about the length. Especially on my right side! People are starting to notice the length and have asked if I ever trim them. I have as stated in my original post, but mainly to keep the oddball ones in check. I did have problems with my left eye lashes as they started growing in straight and course, like gray hair on your head. No matter how often I curled them, they stuck straight out so I had to pull them. Ouch ... not what I wanted to do, but they were keeping the mascara from reaching the rest of the lashes. Any other success stories or concern on your end? I wish I had posted pictures of how my lashes looked in the beginning, but didn't. I will post pics once I hit the 16 week mark however! Happy New Year!