Hyperpigmentation Still Remained After One Treatment of Laser Whitening

For 20 years, I've had this severe...

For 20 years, I've had this severe hyperpigmentation from post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (you know, picking at the skin). It didn't bother me at first, but with frequent sun exposure without sun screen these last few years, the spot is very brown.

I am fair skin and asian. I've had one laser treatment at a top-notch laser surgeon but only saw some spots decreasing but the huge one is still very brown and apparent. My follow-up is this tuesday.

I am not sure how many sessions I need as I think the doc. was conservative with the laser settings. I am worried that there is no hope left.

I am trying Meladerm (kojic acid, etc.). How effective is it? Is there any hope for me? I am a healthy 37 asian female.

In the US, 2% hydroquinone can be bought over-the-counter, while higher 4% concentrations require a doctor’s prescription. In Canada, 2% or 4% hydroquinone can be bought without a prescription. Skin lightening creams containing dangerous levels of hydroquinone Product name Brand Hydroquinone concentrations Other information Maxi White S1 Lightening Cream Gel – strong formula Labo Farmax 9% Body Clear Cream – Lightening Body Cream Picos-ci 2.6% Skin light, Super Lightening Body Lotion Rodis 5% Lotion smells of cocoa butter

i had really dark spots on my cheeks i used different creams and very expensive ones, my spots are almost gone wit this cream lustra- ultra is prescribe and not to expensive i put a little foundation very light and u can't not see the spots.

I tried IPL and liked it initially, but it didn't really work. Then I tried a 7% hydroquinone cream and it did the trick. There was some itching and slight peeling when I used it a lot; but I've adjusted the use and I'm very happy. All the spots are gone. It was about $70 for a bottle that is about half gone now and it's been 3 months.

IPL was expensive since I'd have to do 2 or 3 treatments and the spot that disappeared came back and one spot didn't go at all. I am blond, very fair and freckly, so I don't know how this would work on other skin. My skin seems brighter and my pores smaller. I'm very happy with this.

Now if only I could find something for under eye circles.