Go for It with Total Fx - Peabody, MA

I have been considering getting Total FX for some...

i have been considering getting Total FX for some time now. i am writing this in hopes that i can answer any questions that anyone might have for me since i am now in my third day of recovery.

there are a lot of things to consider when having this done, realistic down time (a whole week at least); finding a great board certified doctor; and how much pain you are willing to endure.

i will say two things about this procedure, it is Extreme, but, the results are like nothing i have ever seen. first of all the tightening is seen immediately and i mean immediately and the pain is real and not for the faint of heart. i had co2 resurfacing 15 years ago and BOY has the technology changed. total fx blows the old ablative procedure out of the part! i know that all my scars will not be gone but i now see a good 90percent improvement.

if anyone has any questions, just write me. i will see if i can upload before and after pics in the future. my doctor is the best and located in peabody, ma, caring staff. the $4,000 was for face and neck and doctor has monthly deals for $500 break.

sprinkles

Boston Plastic Surgeon

Board Certified and experienced in this procedure

I am two weeks out from my Active Laser FX treatment. It is really too early to say if I think it is worth it. I was told before hand there would be no pain and I feel like I went through torture.I also had no idea I was going to bleed. So basicly I wasn't prepared for how extreme it was going to be. I took daily pictures and I do feel I look better now. The last two days my redness has gotten better but past wrinkles have started showing up too. My face feels like pins are in my skin all the time which is the biggest negative to me. I am extremely sensitive to hot and cold. even putting my hands in hot water makes my skin go prickly. It is Febuary and I can't go outside without my face hurting. I don't know if this is normal.The most disappointing thing is my pores are larger on my chin nose and forehead. I hope this is temporary since that was not a problem I had before. I have had chemical peels in the past and at the current moment I feel I had more success with less down time and less pain with those. I have my two week appt in two days and I hope I get put back on my regular skin care program. I am sorry if this sounds negative but so far I haven't had the positive results happen. I am hopeful in another couple weeks I am feeling different.
wow...two weeks is supposed to be normal recoup time...but not heard of it taking longer and doesn't sound like you are even close to being healed. I am considering co2 with a sciton profractional laser. Not the typical fractional setting but the fully ablative setting. I was considering the simple,less down-time fractional. I was told the results are less dramatic and I may need two or three treatments... I am sure it all hurts like heck so no way I want to get it done more than once! I hope to get prescribed major pain meds before hand. How do you look today?
fritz08,
just wondering how long the prickly, sensitive to hot/cold sensation lasted
I am 8 days into deep fx laser on cheeks. I have these exact symptoms. Had major swelling first couple days..6 days started getting more intense feelings, with major preassure and burning. My skins looks good without alot of redness...but feels horrible from the inside!..I hope this is normal behavior in the healing process and the nerves are doing what suppose to do and won't last or result from some kind of bad lasting side-effect or damage?Need some peace of mind!!!!freaking out and triing to keep myself together. let me know how everything worked out and if have any advice!!!
Thank you!!!!
Hi, 1 year ago I had a lazer treatment scar me in the worst possible area, under my eyes. The scars look like wrinkles and when I smile or look in the rearview mirror of my car I can't believe that its me sometimes. I take very good care of myself otherwise and now am trying to correct this. I had a pearl lazer tx again in July (Different Dr.) and this helped most of my skin(I have no crows feet etc.), but it did little to help with the fine lines directly under the eyes. Do you think the FX treatment would help with this? A pearl fractional/fusional lazer has been recommended also. I am scared of being scarred again, could you please tell what your experience was in this area and also who you Doctor was?
i am interested in any results you can share and pictures. I have deep lines (hereditary) around my mouth and would love to get rid of them. Did they offer anything before the procedure for pain? What was required from you to take care of your face after the procedure? Was it painful during the procedure? I'm no baby but many have said the procedure was painful! But, if it gets the results you are experiencing, could be worth it. Thanks