Profractional Laser Treatment - One Year Later Not Happy

I'm a 52 year female. One year ago I decided...

I'm a 52 year female. One year ago I decided to "freshen up" my skin with a profractional after reading all about it on line, and talking to a doctor. My skin was pretty nice, and I wish I had left well enough alone.

Dr. gave me 3 choices, light, medium or heavy treatment. I chose light so I could go to work on Monday. The procedure was not really painful. I had a "sunburn" for a couple of weeks, but no one really commented, it really just looked like a sunburn.

One year later, my skin is now "crepey" around the eyes and mouth, and when I smile, there are lines in my cheeks when I smile which were not there a year ago. My skin texture was so much nicer prior to the procedure. I wish I had never done it.

This happened to me to plastic nurse! What can I do about this!! I am so desprate!
I agree completely. Many technicians claim lasers will stimulate collagen and thicken the skin. I think it is the exact opposite. Especially with thin aging skin.
I had profractional laser done with a micro peel a few years ago. Loved how it evened my skin tone and melasma at first, but now I find my face bleeds easily and wounds are slow to heal. My skin seems very thin. Thank goodness I did not do under the eyes as they suggested. I also have issues with acne now at 42 years of age!

Hi plastic,

Other community members have mentioned they too feel like their skin is thinner and they have also found they burn much easier. Maybe it's because since you basically peeled a layer of your skin off it is more delicate. Have you consulted a dermatologist?

Thanks,

-Britt

anyone have the profractional laser done, what did you think for wrinkles ?