Juvederm a Mistake for Under Eye Wrinkles

I went in to get botox injections and was...

I went in to get botox injections and was persuaded to get juvederm injections for wrinkles under my eyes. I had terrible results.Under 1 eye, I had a hematoma and both eyes were extremely swollen. I still have a bag under one eye only with too much juvederm and the other eye is okay.

What are the risks of dissolving the juvederm and what can I expect to pay for the procedure?

Inexperienced

Be careful with hyaluronidase. Read my review and review from ANAN etc. Lots of people have hypersensitivity reactions to it. Make sure you go to someone who is experienced with using the product. Also make sure you have an allergy test on your arm before you let them put hyaluronidase near your face. If you are hypersensitive to hyaluronidase then your current problems could get a whole lot worse. Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that dissolves hyaluronic acid (Juvederm/Restylane) but remember that a large part of your natural tissue is also made up of hyaluronic acid. Some doctors believe hyaluronidase does not affect natural tissue and some believe that it does. You should discuss this with your doctor.

Hi Judy,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Some of these threads may help answer your questions:

What does hyaluronidase cost?

Hyaluronidase - what are the risks of dissolving a hyaluronic acid filler?

Has your injector mentioned the possibility of using hyaluronidase? If they're aware of their mistake, I'd imagine they're more likely to offer hyaluronidase for free or for a reduced cost (assuming you're okay with them doing more injections).

Hope this helps!