Juvederm Ultra 4 to Tear Troughs - United Kingdom, GB

I had the treatment to add fullness to my Tear...

I had the treatment to add fullness to my Tear Troughs as I looked tired all the time due to the hollows. I bruised very badly under one eye & had lumpiness for quite a while. Now I just have 2 'black eyes' one worse than the other as more product was put there.

It would have looked great if it wasn't for the discolouration, but now I have to put up with looking worse than I did before the treatment, so it definitely wasn't worth it for me.

Does anyone know whether Juvederm Ultra 4 is ok to use in the Tear Trough areas? I had it injected over 5 weeks ago & have been left with 2 'black eyes'. My practitioner doesn't agree that it's due to the Tyndall effect & suggests that I have had an adverse reaction. He tells me Ultra 4 is recommended for the Tear Trough area, but I have read to the contrary.

I have since had the filler dissolved by a...

I have since had the filler dissolved by a practitioner in Canada but although it is better, it has left me with permanent puffiness below the eyes which I am now having to rectify by having a lower blepharoplasty. Altogether, a very expensive lesson learnt!

Inexperienced

You are obviously not a physician. And if you are, you are obviously ignorant of the laws governing nursing in the state of AZ. This is not a forum for personal attacks. Please show some dignity. You are humiliating yourself with your poor and unprofessional conduct.
Lissana You have absolutely no business injecting people.
If you you want to do medicine go to medical school then do a residency in general surgery then one in plastic surgery .
You will probably be sued , I hope , real soon ..
Pierre H M.D.
I had Juvederm ultra injected by a registered plastic surgeon 18 months ago. I had my tear troughs filled and below my eyes as I had a line running below each eye. The results were catastrophic - I had severe swelling and bruising all around both eyes lasting well over 6 weeks. Both eyes were lumpy and still are 18 months later. (Apparently juvederm contains hyaluronic acid which occurs naturally in the skin. Once the juvederm has subsided one can still be left with puffiness, due to the attracted hyaluronic acid. Does anyone know how long it will take to look normal again? I actually look 20 years older now and would never ever touch it again. Anyone contemplating it please be warned - if unsure - DON'T DO IT!
Yep, the same with me. I keep hoping it will correct itself but starting to wonder. =(
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

If one doctor injects juverderm under the eyes for tear trough can another doctor try to correct with hyaluronidase. How can the new doctor tell where he needs to put the hyaluronidase since he did not inject you in the first place?
It's pretty obvious where it is.
Hi I have heard so many bad things now about this damage maybe beeing permanant. My eyes are very puffy and baggy still. I HATE them.It has now been 24 month and no change except every now and then they seem a little less puffy. The puffiness even effects my eyesite as sometimes its almost like my lower lid is obscured by the puffiness. I have never found an attorney who would take the case. I am considering bringing the MD to small claims court for a settlement!Maybe I could get surgery to correct it then because I cant afford it otherwise.
so if your saying he could have hit a blood vessel could it take a while for the bruising to go away? it seems i still have it underneath the skin.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks for replies. I have asked for the juvederm to be dissolved but my Practitioner (whi is also a GP) has never used it before & doesn't want to attempt it! I have tried various Cosmetic Surgeons in my area but none of them want to touch it so looks like I'm stuck with it until it's re-absorbed. There are too many people out there offering this procedure with little knowledge of the potential problems. My practioner had never even heard of the Tyndall effect! Still, I made the choice to go ahead with it, so in a way it's my own fault.
Hi, I also posted about problems with juvederm in my tear troughs. First, due to my Dr hitting a bloodvessle I had a horrible black eye on one side. Took months to heal. Now, 15 months later Both my eyes have pillowy bags and some discoloration. I look WAY worse than I ever looked with the slightly sunken under-eyes! I know that a product can be injected to "melt" the juvederm, but because of the last black eye I had, I am now afraid to get injections in the eye area. I hope you get your problem fixed! (I have a pic posted of my blackeye here on this site.)
Do you still have pillow bags? Similar situation.
Yes, still slightly puffy & discoloured. Pretty much resigned to it now after all this time. Definitely a bad move having this done although I have a friend who has been delighted with hers (different practitioner). How long is it since you had yours injected?
Hi I also had juvederm injected in my tear trough area. It was Juvederm ultra. My doctor is an eye surgeon so i trusted he would put it in properly. my eyes were black and swollen for about 10 days. He gave me a script for some steroids to take for a week which took down a lot of the swelling. Now i'm taking Arnica Montana for the bruising. They are looking much better. he said he could remove a bit of the juvederm but recommended that i leave it. Right now is about 4 weeks and they are starting to look very good with just a hint of the bruising. He said it would all disappear. If it wasnt injected properly i would have it removed. I hope you had a plastic surgeon do this or someone very experienced in the eye area. Good luck