Is It Safe to Have a Second Injection of Juvederm So Close to the First?

My treatment of Juviderm went well. I wanted to...

My treatment of Juviderm went well. I wanted to be conservative and requested only a small amount to be injected into my lower lip and a bit for the top. The doctor did an excellent job. I loved my lips the next day when alot of the swelling subsided, however, then the swelling went away totally and I liked them better when they were a bit swollen.

What is the safe time period to request another injection to get what i really liked before the swelling totally subsided? Don't want to ruin my lips and can live with them without, but just loved them initially after injection.

He was extremely patient and listened.

Juvederm does great in lips. There is no problem injecting Juvederm a few days to a week later if you need more. It definitely is better to do small amounts at a time to make sure you don't get lumps and bumps. Later when you get tired of the every 3-5 months of injections and the costs then you should consider the permanent implants. They are so nice now days. They are easy to put in and easy to remove if you ever want that but most patients never want them removed. They are very natural looking and soft. Cost is roughly $1500 per lip. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD