Just Started Invisalign - Uncomfortable but Sticking with It!

My actual cost after my insurance is about $3,200...

My actual cost after my insurance is about $3,200 and I'm using my health flex plan to pay for that (not due all at once but over the course of the treatment).

I have 13 trays and the orthodontist said it would be about a year and a half but with 3 weeks a tray, I'm not sure how that is possible. The receptionist told me that it really depends on how my teeth shift and whether or not I'm persistent in keeping the aligners in. I plan on being disciplined with keeping it on all the time except when eating and/or drinking anything other than water.

I'm on the third day. The first day was definitely the most uncomfortable and the realization of having to have this in for about a year or was a bit depressing, however I'm optimistic after reading the reviews that I will get used to it and the pain and discomfort is only for a few days upon using a new tray.

I have 3 'attachments' on my bottom teeth. These feel strange especially when the aligners are off and I'm eating. Unfortunately one of them does scrap against the inside of my lip and has cause it to be sore and bleed a tiny bit. I'm hoping that some time during the treatment, it will be taken out. It does hurt a bit when removing the aligners (and even putting it on) on my bottom teeth and I suspect the attachments have something to do with that.

My teeth really weren't that bad at all. Just a few slight gaps on the bottom teeth and one top teeth that had began jutting out slightly. This was just something I wanted to do for myself to get 'perfect' teeth.

Will keep writing in to update everyone on the progress as well the any situations I come across that I think prospective people should know about.

Update: I've since completed my treatment. They...

Update: I've since completed my treatment. They worked 100%. The gap has been filled. I'm extremely satisfied with the results.

I am now in the 'retainer' phase. Apparently I have to wear the retainers all my life, only at night though. If the dentist asks you if you want a 2nd set of retainers at a special rate, which is usually offered only in the beginning, take it! The retainers are slightly thicker than the trays. Although, I cracked both of mine already and they are very expensive to replace. I ended up getting the 'holly' retainers, which were $600 but can last 20 yrs (as long as you don't lose them). You can also use the last tray as retainers, which I sometimes do. Be sure to be consistent with wearing them. It's ok if you miss a day here and there, as I have, but you can definitely feel a difference if you do. It's tighter when you put it on after neglecting to for a day or so. Teeth are constantly shifting and naturally want to go back to their initial state. Just remember how much you paid for the darn treatment and hopefully that'll motivate you to be consistent in wearing them
Dr. Nikki Nyguen

She's all right so far. I'm not far along enough in the treatment to really know for sure.