Invisalign is Working Well So Far - Ridgewood, NJ

I just started treatment with my first tray and...

I just started treatment with my first tray and have had it in for two weeks now. The first few days there was pressure, no pain. It felt foreign and felt like my teeth couldn't breathe. I have gotten used to the feeling with the aligners in and sometimes i forget i have anything on my teeth now.

When i remove the aligners to eat, i can definately tell my teeth are a little sore when eating tougher foods so i'm assuming that means they are starting to move.I don't have any of those "buttons" and my aligners have stayed put so far.

My Orthodontist said with my next set of aligners they'll be doing some of the interproximal reduction (aka filing). I'm a bit nervous as i usually have sensative teeth and i'm afraid this will make them worse. I have to say that i've been fairly happy with them and have smiled much more knowing that my co-workers can't see them, and that i don't have a mouth full of metal cutting up my cheeks.

I see some people haven't had good experiences here which completely sucks. I felt that going to an Orthodontist would be better as they specialize in alignment corrections rather than dentists who may not be as qualified and may recommend patients that otherwise wouldn't be good candidates for invisalign.

Just returned from my Ortho appointment- on my 8th...

Just returned from my Ortho appointment- on my 8th tray. Doing good so far. My two bottom teeth have almost completely rotated. Trying to take progress pictures, but unfortunately my camera doesn't seem to want to take them in focus.

12/12/09-update: The monday before thanksgiving i...

12/12/09-update: The monday before thanksgiving i noticed i had a lump in my gum and i went to the dentist. He told me it was an abscess from a tooth that was going to require a root canal. The lump is painless but the left side of my face from my eyes to my neck swelled up. I immediately had the root canal done and i've been on antibiotics since. i haven't been wearing my liners for fear of it interfearing with my root canal and face swelling. I followed up with my dentist this past week- i still have the lump and he's not sure what it is. Has anyone experienced this?

Clemente Orthodontics

Family Orthodontic practice-Father & Two daughters own it. The staff is always professional and courteous. The day i got my first set they were more excited that i was. They have flexible office hours including evenings and weekends if needed. Very happy with everything to date with this office.