Invisalign to Correct Crowding and Turning Teeth in Front

I just started - first week - and did it to...

I just started - first week - and did it to correct crowding/turning teeth in front. Very little discomfort so far but too early to tell.

Other than water, is there anything you can eat/drink while wearing the aligners - such as sugar free clear soda or a glass of white wine?

Last fall (2010), I started wearing a retainer at...

Last fall (2010), I started wearing a retainer at night and am now using it every other night. The goal is to use it just once a week or so eventually. I'm generally pleased with the results although I thought my teeth would be a bit straighter. I do recommend the procedure though - pretty painless though expensive.

The doctor is a specialist and trained in Invisalign. Recommended by my regular dentist. As an update - the dentist I used is used to much younger patients and his staff is all young. They didn't seem that comfortable with an older adult. I felt rushed and even when the dentist answered my questions, I felt like he was trying to escape too quickly. They were supposed to call me to schedule a follow up appointment but never did.

Thanks for the update!

Glad to hear things are going well with your retainers and that you will eventually get to decrease the amount of time you wear them.

Most of the time I only drink water with my aligners in. I can't drink tea in the daytime anymore because anything above your mouth temperature could alter the aligner's shape. And obviously the sugar thing is a big deal. When I'm out drinking for more than a couple of hours there isn't much I can do alcohol wise since I don't want to keep the aligners out the whole evening or the teeth move again. I leave my aligners in and brush my teeth and the aligners the second I'm finished drinking. Using a straw too should minimise contact with the teeth.
Water, water, water. Anything else can harm your teeth, stain your aligners, etc. I know, it's a pain, but so worth it!
Technically, the only thing you can drink is water. Even diet soda will have acids that will wear away at your teeth. They stress the water only thing a lot. I am following that advice.