Yes! worth it... but you have to wait for results (2-4 months)

I had upper eyelid surgery for ptosis two weeks...

I had upper eyelid surgery for ptosis two weeks ago. I am disappointed in the outcome. After two weeks, I am still having the ptosis which was the reason for surgery. There seems to be NO change. I was told that initial results would be visible after two weeks. Furthermore, I have now got double vision in the eye. This has not improved at all in two weeks and I am now very frustrated. You have been warned.

I am sorry for the poor review earlier. I was...

I am sorry for the poor review earlier. I was pretty disappointed with the initial results.
The 3-month waiting period is critical before making any conculsions.

I was very unhappy in the first two weeks, but that was because I could not feel any pain/irritation so I thought it was the final result. In fact the swelling had not subsided.

After three months, I am amazed at the results. It is not completely even.. the ptosis eye is a wee bit smaller still (like 0.2 mm) but it is not noticable and I can live with it. I also don't have any of the earlier complications (blurry/double vision).

I am glad it was not overcorrected. That is the biggest complications. It seems that most of the people who think that the results are good in the first two weeks probably end up getting overcorrected after the swelling subsides completely.

It was very cheap compared to the rest of the world.
I highly recommend the surgeon.

Details of procedure: fasanella servat
Incision and dissolving sutures were put under the eyelid.
Dr Shivyogi Kusagir, Bangalore

The surgeon was very professional, friendly, and very good in his work. All his predictions post-op came true. The staff is also very good. I am extremely happy with the results. Took 3 months for final outcome.. I advise not to jump to conclusions before this period. I spend almost 1/10th of what people around the world spend, so I cannot have any complaints. He is a visiting surgeon. He operates at Shekar nethralaya. http://www.shekarnethralaya.com/

I'm so sorry for your experience, RFDZ. Has your doctor mentioned anything about doing a revision?

Actually it is much better now after a little wait. The doctor suggested another revision if I really want it after another 3 months. There is slight unevenness but not as bad (and definitely better than before). I can live with it, and maybe even that will go away. Please see my updated review.

Waiting for results is the hardest thing, but I'm happy it worked out for you and things are starting to get better. :)