IPL Complications?

Pros: None that I can see as of yet.Cons:...

Pros: None that I can see as of yet.

Cons: Swelling, blistering, marks that look like cuts and scrapes.

When it was done: Thursday, June 11, 2009.

I had IPL done four days ago and I had three days of severe swelling and now marks on my face that look like wide cuts. they have not "hardened" or scabbed. My concern is that I am suffering complications from the proceedure. After doing research, I was under the impression that this was a very safe proceedure to have done with little to no risk of a disaster happening. Should I be concerned or give my face the full week of healing time to worry and call my doctor's office?

It wasn't the doctor who performed the IPL on my face. She was an RN.

In my case it was a P.A. who did the proceedure and it happened to be the day that she was leaving on "medical leave." The Dermatologist had no idea what happened to me until I made another appointment and he saw it. He really is doing his best to repair the damage that his P.A. put there. I am undergoing CO2 laser next week and I hope to god that it works. I have seen pictures on this site of IPL burns and I am definitly becoming an advocate to have anyone but a PHYSICIAN stop doing this proceedure. People are suffering and it is for no other reason than economics.
Sorry to get back to you so late metoo. It took a few months to fade, but mine weren't capillaries, she just had the settings to high. I am glad to hear you are going to another doc, the capillaries I had under my nose are just pink from all the ipls/bbls (A happy side effect, I go for melasma). Hang in there!
A Cincinnati doctor burned my chin with red marks and they did fade after a few months. I put nothing but Aquaphor on them, and didn't wash my chin very much, not at all the first 48 hours. I also used skinceuticals spf 30. I waited 6 months to have another bbl done, this time by the place I always have gone to in Kentucky (why did I stray!) with no problems and great results. I think time really does help, along with good sunblock and gentle care. I hope this helps.
Hi Merry, How many months did it take your red marks to fade? I'm really depressed about this whole situation. Thank you!
It's been three weeks for me. I had swelling for several days after having it done. Now, I had bright red marks where the capillaries were (not blisters, so I'm not sure if they're actual burns) that show no sign of fading. I look like I have a disease and before I had smooth skin with a few tiny veins that only I noticed. I have been going back to where I had it done and they insist it's not a burn and that I'll heal. I've made a new appointment with another doctor and, if I were you, I would do the same, just to make sure everything's okay. This is NOT a harmless procedure, as I've learned the hard way.
I think that is good advice considering when I called the day after the ipl (with severe swelling and blisters), the woman at the office sounded like I was annoying her. I realize that doctors are very busy, but they should make sure there office staff is treating patients kindly, especially when they are experiencing complications.
I wouldn't call your Doctor, I would go straight in to their office.