Didn't Do Much

I asked my dermatologist about recommendations for...

I asked my dermatologist about recommendations for general skin improvement. I have sebaceous hyperplasia, some blood vessels (fair skin), crows feet and some upper lip lines...Only 41...don't smoke, but spent too many years in the sun...she recommended IPL.

The doctor did not do it herself...It was done by an aesthetician in the office that is part of the dermatologist practice.

I can't say it did much of anything. The laser zapping of the blood vessels was the only noticeable improvement, and I am happy about that, but make-up also covered those. In my after picture, taken two weeks later, I think...my face was clearly redder and blotchier than in the before, but they kept saying how good it looked...uh huh...

Not worth $750. Should have done more research and saved up for something that might actually improve my skin, considering the wrinkles and sebaceous hyperplasia were the biggest concerns for me.

I guess I should add that I did "photodymanic therapy" and the IPL was part of this.. The laser treatment was in addition to the IPL...I think...not really clear entirely about what I signed up for...I definitely had IPL with levulan and then there were some lasers to zap the blood vessels. Only the laser zapping did much of anything.
Center for Advanced Dermatology

Procedure didn't do much to improve my skin...the aesthetician who did the procedure did not listen well to my questions, and I got the impression that she was a little impatient with my questions. I did not have a good feeling about any of this.