I Don't Understand the Hype About Juvederm (Top Lip Lines and Corners of Mouth)

Personally I am very disappointed with the results...

Personally I am very disappointed with the results of my juvederm. It has been 3 weeks. Considering all the brusing on my face and top lip I would have expected better results. I still have the exact same lines on my top lip and the corners of my mouth.

I can feel a solid line of juvederm that runs the length of my bottom lip, so it does look puffy. I only had one line on the left side of my nose. I can feel the juvederm above the line. I can also feel juvederm on the right side of my nose where I never had a line. I was very bruised on my chin and all of my lines are still there.

My doctor is a very well known Plastic surgeon in Orange County so I am baffled when I read how happy people are with their injections. He supposedly used 4 injections on me. I wouldn't know because I had this procedure done while I was still asleep from having 33 year old silicone implants removed and replaced.

Hi Jude. We're sorry to hear about your experience. As another comment mentioned, it is a bit strange to inject while you are under. We'd rather perform the procedure while the patient can provide feedback about specific areas of concern. In any event, there is an option for you called "Vitrase" which is used to dissolve the Juvederm. You should consider vising your surgeon to request information about this option and voice your concerns. If you are looking for a second opinion, feel free to contact us. Good luck.

The reason you feel the juvederm, is because he injected too much. It takes months to dissolve even if you massage it.

I had it done 5 months ago and regret it everyday. The reason you feel the juvederm under your skin is because he put too much. (Greedy)

For the money I spent which seems excessive compared to other prices I have seen on this web site I am very unhappy with this procedure. I didn't go out of the house for 10 days because of the bruising I looked like I had been punched in the mouth.