Gemini Laser for Age Spots and Pigmentation on Olive-colored Skin - New York, NY

I got 4 treatments with the Gemini laser for age...

I got 4 treatments with the Gemini laser for age spot and pigmentation removal. Not only was there no improvement but more spots seem to be coming since I had the last treatment three weeks ago.

My dermatologist said Gemini was best for me because I have olive skin. He also prescribed tri-luma.

Have been avoiding the sun for two years now. Use 50+ sunscreen, and wear hats. I know this happened because of the laser.

Coral Gables Dermatologic Surgeon

He is a "celebrity doctor" but has never properly addressed my concerns and encouraged me to keep spending money on lasers that do not work. I use Dr. Brandt for Botox because he is the best. However for any kind of laser, I do not trust him, I think he tries to make as much money as possible off of not effective lasers.

I just want to add, since then I continue to see Dr. Brandt for Botox however I went to a different doctor who performed several rounds of IPL (low level since I have dark skin). After the first treatment there was no difference, however after the second and third there was a very big improvement. I am thrilled I had such great results with IPL. Again, don't see someone who doesn't know how olive/black skin works or you will end up worse off.
Hi there, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. And to anyone else who has olive skin, I don't care who the doctor is, never, never, never, get laser done on dark spots when you have olive skin. I have yet to find someone who said it worked for them. Yes, it does sound like your spots are hormonal and in addition to some great recommended creams, you must do some work on the inside because the inside is where this is all starting. Having olive skin myself and being all about beauty on the inside, here is a nutritional solution that has been helpful for some people. Important supplements to right hormone imbalances that cause melasma: 1. MSM 100mg about 3 times a day 2. Vitamin C 3. CoQ10 4. Zinc 5. Probiotics a.k.a Good Bacteria 6. Calcium D-Glucarate Also, watch the alcohol intake and it's best to eat hormone and antibiotic free poultry and meats.
Thanks so much for your response. I have changed my diet a lot and my skin in general looks great. See my post above I actually had a very good experience with IPL. My skins is not perfect and never will be, but the larger spots have gone and I am even more careful about sun exposure.
Hi, You sound as though you may have melasma, which is hormonally based and is actually exacerbated and made worse by IPL or some laser treatments. You should try a product (by doctor prescription only) called Cosmelan (by Mesoestetic in California). Most good medispas have this product. It ranges in price from $700-$1000 dollars, but as an aesthetic nurse, and certified Laser Safety Officer in the state of AZ, I can tell you---it works!! It should get rid of, or significantly fade, your brown spots--regardless of their origin. Good luck.