Help I Am Worried I Have a Failed Tummy Tuck As I Still Have Some Loose Saggy Skin!

My Tummy tuck was an overall good experience, 3...

My Tummy tuck was an overall good experience, 3 days in hosp and 2 weeks of soreness and swelling, soreness is now all gone except for when I sneeze (OUCH!) And I think most of the swelling is gone. I'm walking almost completely upright now just 3 weeks after surgery, scar is nice and low and runs almost from hip to hip, scars look like they are healing well except for a little section in the middle which is slightly infected which I'm treating.

I did this because I had excess skin after 2 children I am 5'1, 112LB's and 32 years old and in good health.

My question is that I am getting increasingly concerned as my swelling dissipates that I am left with what seems to be still some loose or saggy skin. The groin part (under and along insicion) is nice and tight and flat but just over the incision I have this lip of soft and still loose skin that leaves my lower part of my tummy pronounced, when I bend over this area still hangs down slightly and I am worried I have gone through all this surgery and upheaval to still have this soft saggy skin left!? Will this go away? Is it still some swelling? Is this to be expected 3 weeks after surgery...my surgeon is on extended leave so I cannot contact him.

He is away.

i am the same way as you can see in my pic i am sitting down and that's how my stomach looks the only differance is i had mine done in june of 09 and i was flat as can be and now it looks saggy my doc told me to stay away from the mirror for 3 to 6 months and i should see the diff and it will take time for the swelling to go down.
hi, glad i found someone with the same problem. i have exactly the same problem as you and i am 3 weeks pos op. i told the surgeon that i was unhappy with results but he tried to make me believe that i should be left with some loose skin and always will because i have 2 kids.judging from the pic, i am about the same weight as you and have the exact same prob.I am not excepting that i will always have loose skin no matter what. doesn't that defeat the whole purpose. why go threw the pain for nothing. anyway, i have 2 go back to my doc in 2mths to see am i happier with results,if not he said we will work from there. hope this helps.
I am 26 days post op and while I have had no problems at all and like the way I look...my doc still says "stay away from mirrors for 3 months". I look all the time cuz I love what I see but still...you have to give it time. I notice chenges in my own body every few days. Last night I was washing my binder and did a few things while it was washing, and by the time it was dry I was quite puffy. I put it on, went to bed and am fine this morning. I think it is a surgery that requires alot of time and patience. Hang in there and I hope you get the results you want in the end.
this is exactly what i look like now i am 4 weeks post op but my wound is still not healing properly, my doc insists that i still have alot of swelling and that it can take 3 to 6 mo to smooth out, i also have the "dog ears" also 3 to 6 months then if its not gone he will fix the problem. Hang in there and call your dr. If hes good he will see you and reassure you. Good luck, its a long road.
Hi there-thanks for your timely post, I did get to see my plastic surgeon today, I am 4 weeks post op like you now, and the "swelling" has gone down even when I look at these photos on hear of myself it has halved again - so I guess I was just impatient. Dr said it is doing all just fine and 3-6mnths will be a closer to final result, when I bend over it doesn't sag half as much and he said the "lip" around my scar is just swelling and nothing else, it is so weird that swelling can look like left over skin?! I expected swelling to always be firm-but this is not so! About your wound-I switched from a liquid antiseptic to a powder and this has cleared my wound up nicely-so that might help you? And I find if I drink the right amount of water in a day I don't look so bloated as I did in these photos I took. All the best!
I had a bit of "wrinkling" at first, mostly on the two sides of the incision (i guess they call that dog ears) but after about 6 months i could tell that it was smoothing out. Now 10 months post surgery it smoothed all out. BUT you should get at least an other surgeon look at it and see what his/her opinion is. It never hurts to ask!
It looks like the doctor didnt remove enough of the fat and extra skin. He should redo it again at no cost.
Hi there thanks for you post-I actually never had any fat there I was quite skinny at only 112 lb's it was all saggy skin from child bearing-now I look like I drank too much water! But still have a lip of soft swollen skin above my scar this is my mystery???
u need to ask this question under the option "ask a doctor". if u look, i asked a question about my procedure in this same form and got no response. but wen i asked the question under "ask a doctor", i then, got results. do that and u will be sure to get plenty of professional answers. im curious to see wut they have to say also. ive had many friends that had tummy tucks, but have never seen this before...

We've changed the "Ask a Doctor" process recently and we now require a review for post-op questions. Questions are still distributed to doctors, but this allows them to get more detailed information and multiple photos to help provide a better answer.