Full Tummy Tuck W/o Lipo - Memphis, TN

I had a tummy tuck after having two large babies...

I had a tummy tuck after having two large babies via c-section. I had three consultations with plastic surgeons and ultimately picked my Drs.

They are both wonderfully caring doctors ,and I would recommend them without reservation. I think the biggest different from them and the other doctors that I met with is that you pay for them and they actually provide your care. Your visits are with them and if you have a question or concern they return your call. In other practices, there is a layer between you and the surgeon (namely a nurse or a PA).

I was 118lbs at the time of the tummy tuck. My separation of the abdomen was 6 fingers. It created a baby like bulge while standing and was a mush lump of wrinkled skin while laying down. During an average week, three people would ask me when was the baby due. This was fine two-months after the baby but after six months it because annoying abut nine-months it was unbearable.

I had my tummy tuck four weeks ago and I am very happy. The pain was less than my C-sections. I stopped taking the prescribed medication after 5 days and then took tylenol for 2 days. After 7 days, I didn't take any pain medication.

After one week, one drain was taken out. The remaining drain was taken out after two weeks. The removal of the drains didn't hurt at all. I took a deep breath and then they were out. I am walking completely straight right now. I have to admit that the drains were a pain. I am very happy to be free of them.

Now, I can wear my regular clothes again. Two weeks after the tummy tuck. I went to Target and I had diapers on the conveyor built and the woman scanning the items said who are the diapers for and I said my daughter and she said wow you don't look you have had a baby you don't have a tummy. I just smiled! I never thought I'd look like I never had a baby.

Memphis Plastic Surgeon

Experienced, professional, and wonderful.

How is the repair holding up two years later? Do you have current pics you could post?
Wow!! amazing is all i can say. I want to have a consultation with him.
Wow.... your stomach looks great, Before surgery it was a mess! I mine is too, so please don't get upset, but wow, that was a weird stomach you had before. Thank Goodness for plastic surgery.
You look wonderful. Was the recovery bad?
Super results! I bet you feel great!
wow,, the before pictures look as if I am looking at pictures of my own tummy. I am planning on doing a tummy tuck too. I am alittle hesitant on having Mesh sewn on to my muscle. I wonder if your doctors Used Mesh on you and how feel afterwards?
Dear SusiSusi, I was the surgeon on this case. In the VAST majority of cases a mesh is not only helpful but could present post-operative complications. In this case, as in the vast majority of my many Tummy tuck and Mommy MakeOver cases, NO mesh was used BUT the rectus abdominis tummy muscles were tightened securely across the midline in two secure layers to prevent accidentel tears and relapse. If you saw recent photos of this delightful lady, you would be amazed by the quality of her result. She is thrilled and so are Dr. Eby and I. Dr. P. Aldea
Dear Susi Susi, Dr. Aldea is correct. I didn't have any mesh used and I am very happy with the results. As he can attest to, they told me that their might be a need for mesh before the surgery, but in my case it wasn't necessary. Good Luck! And believe me if your pictures look anything like mine. The surgery is so worth it. The recovery wasn't nearly as bad as I expected and I couldn't be happier now.
Dear Dr. Aldea, Have you ever done a tummy tuck on a patient with a collagen disorder? My abdomen looked just like the photos above after my pregnancy. I had a huge diastasis as well as an umbilical hernia. I had a full abdominoplasty and hernia repair three months ago. But the repair has entirely fallen apart and I have since been diagnosed with Ehler's Danlos syndrome. My abdomen appears almost as if I didn't have a repair at all. My surgeon wants to repeat the repair using mesh, but I have read such bad things about it. What advice can you give? What are the alternatives? Thank you!
you look great!!!
wow, it looks amazing!
Wow! You look great!
You look fantastic! Peter Aldea, MD
Wow what a dramatic difference!