I had Fraxel done last Friday and am swollen - Waiting to See - Sacramento, CA

I had Fraxel done last Friday and am swollen,...

I had Fraxel done last Friday and am swollen, however I was able to teach my dance classes on Saturday morning. I had it done on my face. I had acne as a teen and have always wanted to do something about the scarring. I went in, the nurse put on the numbing gel, gave me vicodin, ibuproben, and valium. After about an hour and 15 mintues they started the procedure. I was very nervous about the pain. Honestly it was nothing to worry about for me!! I was very pleased because I didn't want it to be so painful that I wouldn't go back for the following treatments. From 1 - 10...10 being the most painful. I gave it maybe a 2! It felt like little electric currents hitting my face. I am waiting to see what kind of results I get from the one time and then I will schedule my second. Am hoping for great results...but, aren't' we all? ;) BTW, they were very aggressive in the treatment... :) 9/26 Update Well, I posted on Sept 16th that I was waiting to see... I definately see an improvement in the "freshness" of my face. My daughter sees a difference in my acne scars and my pore size. She says she'll do it when she gets older.... I will probably wait more than a month before I do my next treatment. The Doctor said that the collagen will continue to build and I will continue to see improvements over the next few months, so I'll wait and see. Those of you who said the results only lasted a week were looking at swelling! I kept a real open mind when I saw my face smooth as a baby's butt the first few days, because I knew the swelling would go down and the true results would show. So I waited 7 days before I tried to judge it. It can be the pits growing old! :)

What doctor did you go to?