Things to Know Before Fraxel

First of all, fraxel cannot be judged after 1 or 2...

First of all, fraxel cannot be judged after 1 or 2 sessions, you must have the full course of 4-6, and even then it will take up to a year before the collagen has developed to make a judgement.

If you still have adult acne, then prior to fraxel I recommend getting the smoothbeam laser treatment first, which shrinks the sebaceous glands that cause acne. I would also get on prescription medication to eliminate as much acne as possible prior to your first treatment, then continue taking it with your doctors supervision.

I just completed a smoothbeam laser session, and my first of five fraxel treatments. In between I also did a chemical peel. Laser treatments work from underneath the skin, so doing something topical such as chemical peels or microdermabrasion can speed up overall healing and appearance.

So far I am pleased with my doctor and how the treatment plan is going.

Austin Dermatology Clinic

The staff were excellent and very patient in answering questions and making recommendations for the best treatment plan.

{edited} My 2nd fraxel is July 1st, so I'll make another posting after that one.

Edited by Sharon: Provider information has been added above the review.
Hi Austin guy....can you provide me with the name of the doctor you visited...I'm in Austin as well and was looking around to see who the best option was. Thanks.
Which fraxel treatment did u use? They r different. Also, after your 1 of 5 treatments, how could u recommend if u won't know until atleast a year? Many people, including myself, have had bad scars left on the face after 1 treatment, so it is risky and a new laser- no one really knows long term effects.
I agree with you, you can't really make a judgement until your through with 3-5 treatments. I posted my comment recommending based on the clinic treatments to date, and my first fraxel. Everyone else on the site seems to be giving this a thumbs down after 1-2 treatments. The fraxel was repair. Was yours an actual Fraxel laser, because there are imitations out there. And was your technician a doctor or assistant?