Fraxel...Not Sure if It's Worth It

It has been 1 year since I had 2 (supposed to have...

It has been 1 year since I had 2 (supposed to have 5) treatments of Fraxel. When the skin first peeled off, I was pretty happy with what was underneath. That does change.

Even though I lather in sunscreen, and walk around with hat or umbrella. Living in Southern California, there is almost no way to escape some sun exposure, thus I have some new pigmentation problems. Redness, what looks like tan/redness under my eyes, etc.

I an 38, fair-skined and got it for some sun damage and fine lines.

Personally, I can only recommend Fraxel if you live somewhere that is not a sunny climate, or you live in a cave.

I wouldn't go back to the same office... See a doctor who works with skin cancer and doesn't do Fraxel..Or a Cancer Radiolgist ect who deals with burns from Radiation treatments...
I had eye repair fraxel laser. I would NEVER recommend this. I had a very bad experience, it is six months later and I am still pink, my eyes have dark circles which I never had before, it did not remove one wrinkle or scar. The doctor sold me on it, said it would tighten and lift, it made my eyes worse. I will have my 6 month check up with another doctor in the office, because I would never see that doctor again who sold me this idea. She tried to snowball everything,was very arrogant, said rude things to me, it will be interesting to see what this other doctors says at my six month check up. The eyes still look worse, no improvement. The worse part of about this is everyone said I had beautiful skin, and I never had to wear make-up, now first thing I have to wear heavy concealer around my eyes. DON'T DO IT!! I probably will report this doctor to the medical board for what she did to my eyes and skin.
Cmeek78 Your hyperpigmentation is not from the sun.... You have radiation damage dermatitas...Google it... This is Fractionated radiation and is used for cancer treatments the redness ect is the same damage cancer patients experience from radiated areas.... Radiation is radiation...This treatment is no different Skin looks better at first because it is ghost skin...When the new skin finally reaches the suface most say they are not happy...
Whatever you do... Do a spot treatment test first!!!!! We try perfume,,,Smells different on everbody and chemistry... Why would you not try a laser before letting someone put in on your entire face......!!!
BTW I used to be a sun worshipper and would put baby oil all over my body and in the winter time I would go to the tanning beds now I stay away from it like a vampire...lol!
So far I've had 3 fraxel treatments and was not impressed with it, until recently. I've noticed some of the scars have flattened out quit a bit and I have 3 more to go! Retina A, Anitibiotics cause discolouration as well, so the person doing my fraxel would NOT allow me to take any of those things while doing my fraxel treatments. I haven't had acne in years, I'm 39, but since fraxel I'm finding I'm getting a few pimples here and there, but I can handle it! It's the scars that I want gone. I only had 3 IPL (Photofacial) treatments and I noticed my sun spots darkened at first, then fell off! Great results! A friend at work even commented on my skin and asked me what I was doing with it and she's not the type to pay compliments...lol! IPL was great for me but, many people have had bad experiences with this treatment, like fraxel, but I stand by it 100%! If I were you I would stick with the cream and see how that works for you, then if you need more improvement do the IPL, but make sure you go to someone that knows what they're doing. I wear a hat all the time and put sun screen on every two hours if I'm out in the sun. Before I go to work I put it on, then again at lunch before going outside! SUNSCREEN is so important when doing fraxel, or peels, you cannot take chances and not put it on. Keep in touch I would love to know how things turn out with you!
I have heard of the IPL. Is that the Fotofacial? How many treatments did you have? I also have acne scars. Which is also a funny thing, the Fraxel stopped my acne! Did that happen to you? Before the Fraxel I was on Retina A, Oral Antibotics, and one other cream, and I was about to start Accutane. But the scars are flattened and discolored. I use the 4% hydroquinone to lighten my face now. Which helps some. Would love to hear about the IPL. Take care
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I live in Toronto, Canada and its seems our summer started early this year. I find it really hard to keep on the sunscreen and constantly wearing hats. The sun here is very strong in the summer and I'm so scared of getting discolouration in my skin. I'm getting a total of 6 fraxels for my acne scars. So far its done nothing for the sun spots on my skin, which is not really my concern. Last year I had IPL and it was the best thing ever! It really works so my plan is after all this fraxel to get IPL done again.