Fraxel Treatments for Acne Scars Gave Me Marionette Lines

I had three fraxel treatments for acne scars. The...

I had three fraxel treatments for acne scars. The chin and cheek areas were treated.

The first two treatments went well. After the third treatment, I looked in the mirrow and thought my mouth was sagging. I now have marionette lines.

I would not have done these fraxel treatments if I had know the results. I was promised a 60% improvement to my skin and now I hate the lines. The skin texture is improved but the new lines override the improvement.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I would like to hear from you.

Same story for me as BeachGirl. After the third treatment I looked in the mirror driving home from the doctor's office and noticed a line coming from the corner of my mouth on the right side - what I later found out is called a marionette line or fold. After expressing my concern, the doctor's office behaved as if the laser could never have caused this. I hoped that it would go away with the redness and swelling since I just had the treatment, but it didn't. The laser treatment improved my skin and scarring but now I have another problem. And who knows what else will happen with my skin. It's only been about 4 months since my first treatment.
i too had three fraxel treatments on my neck finishing just above the jawline.after the third treatment I was swollen for five months and very sore and sensitive. I hate it, my skin has sagged and I now have noticable jowls. I went back to the clinic upset, she said it was natural aging - what in 6 months!
My doctor has insisted that my lines were not caused by fraxel. I did not have these lines until my third fraxel treatment. My doctor now suggests juvederm. I am not sure if I want to do this or not.