Fraxel on Neck Area Left Me Swollen for Months

My neck looks better. I how have jowls and hollow...

My neck looks better. I how have jowls and hollow cheeks. I had the fraxel to improve my neck area. I went for botox and the dr recommended I try fraxel after noticing my neck.

I had three sessions of fraxel on the neck area. The third which was on a higher setting left me swollen for six months. My skin has now sagged in the jowl area as the laser did go above the jawline. I am now left with hollow cheeks. I am considering sculptra, but am anxious after the affects and swelling i was left with from fraxl.

Need advice.

for me the setting was too high and i think the dr should have been aware of this

Help does skin ever get better after fraxel - Its been nearly two years now!
Another patient with the same results as me, yet the company keeps promoting this terrible technology for treatments it is not suitable for. This is awful. Me and a friend had Fraxel and both of our skin was ruined and show clear signs of premature aging. We are devastated of having done Fraxel.
Hi Dontdofraxel, It's been almost a year since my last fraxel and my skin has not bounced back to it's former self( i only got fraxel for a slight creaping on the neck) and now have loose skin on the jowl area. - which i must say makes me look alot older. Any ideas on how we can make this look better? The manageress of the clinic said that it cannot affect skin or muscle
I have added photos to show how badly Fraxel damaged my skin. I now have deep drooping jowls, and deep lines 15-20 years prematurely. I had none of these problems before Fraxel and am trying to get the doctors office to submit his professional before photos to prove it. Fraxel is not suitable for skin and should be banned. The company has to make efforts to compensate and in any way correct the damages that Fraxel does.
I think that i will call them again and ask for the feedback from fraxel. I think because the swelling had gone down after the six months she seemed quite relieved.When I put my chin down on my chest i can see that i have extra skin there. I have almost given up the fight, but i get so angry inside sometimes. Did you get sorted and is all ok now? Did you get money back?
Kate Silverton a news reporter in England also had a major problem with Fraxel!!
Email me and I'll forward you some studies....What did the company say!!Ask and then Ask for your money back!! They always say it's never happened!!
You should look into cupping to help your lymphatic system... They went over your lympnodes ect in your neck..I had swollen lymph nodes after this procedure and no infection..Research lymphedema and see an ENT...It's nothing to play with and could compromise your health..Don't let them blow you off with a 15 minute office visit because they don't know what to do.... Lymphedema, also known as lymphatic obstruction, is a condition of localized fluid retention and tissue swelling caused by a compromised lymphatic system. You could also look into PRP therapy and fat grafting with stem cells to help repair the damage..I would not do sculptra until you understand what is happening below the surface...Research Cutaneous Radiation damage.. Keep in mind I'm not a doctor just someone looking for answers to help repair my own damage from fraxel...I don't think doctors care to know how to repair it or what is happening..To much money being made..You have to do your own research!!!Thought I'd give u a place to start!! Good Luck
Thank you for taking the time to past on the information. I have tried to cope with how this has changed the way I look on my own. I did go back to the clinic during the swelling period - the took a photo and said that they would send it off to fraxel to get more information as this was the first time this had happened (I never did get any feedback from this because whenever I called the clinic the manageress who would have had the feedback on her email address was always unavailable) I did go back after the swelling had gone down somewhat, my concern being the sagging of skin. She sat me in a room told me that had lost volume of the middle face due to natural ageing(Does it happen that quick)She asked me to sign a form - which I declined. I do hop that all is sorted for you now. I am so frustrated!
We are now starting to see some of the longer term outcomes..Sagging fat loss ect..You aren't alone!!