First Fraxel Treatment

I had my first Fraxel treatment yesterday. The...

I had my first Fraxel treatment yesterday. The settings were 35/8. The pain was not too bad. It started at about a 1-2 but after a couple of passes moved up to a 3-4. It feels like little needles prickling your face, or if you have ever experienced a severe ice storm with wind pelting your face, like that. Really not bad. I left the office a little red and puffy, but nothing too severe. Once at home, I used the vinegar water rince once and that was about it. Again the pain wasn't bad at all.

Today however, I look like the Pillsburry dough girl! Very swollen but not too red. And not really painful at all. Just not attrative at all! I will write in a couple of days before I head back to work on Tuesday. Had the treatment Friday before Labor Day so that I would have plenty of time to recover.

I have a second treatment scheduled for Wednesday before Thanksgiving to again give me lots of time to recover. I have a very public job so have to look normal when I go back to work.

How long did your face remain swollen after the laser treatment?

I had a second treatment about 3 months later. The...

I had a second treatment about 3 months later. The results looked great for about 3 months. Now a full year later, I can barely tell that I had any treatment. The laser did help with brown spots - but then a regular IPL or photofacial helps with that and costs $800 less.

Unfortunately I would have to say that the Fraxel laser was not worth the money.

you're lucky you didn't get any more severe permanent damage like some of us did.

So I wanted to give one more update. I had a...

So I wanted to give one more update. I had a second fraxel treatment. It went similarly to the first. I spent another $1000. It improved my skin for about 2-3 months and then my skin went right back to how it was before. It didn't help with the wrinkles at all. It did help with the brown spots, but hey I could have had a simple laser treatment for about $200 and taken care of that.

My skin may not be a good fit for Fraxel. My skin is very thin.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Laser & Skin Center of Sacramento

Everything was explained to me and all the side effects were disclosed. My doctor did say that Fraxel doesn't always work on everyone.