45 Yr Old Who Wants Firmer Skin - Orlando, FL

I was going in for a small mole removal near the...

I was going in for a small mole removal near the cheek fold. I decided to do some rejuvination while I was in. I am 45, have some sun damage, not many wrinkles, more like some folds on forehead and around lips. My skin is getting thinner and starting to sag.

I spent an hour in the cream and then maybe 15 minutes under the laser. It was so painful my whole body shook the whole time, but I told her to do what she had to do. You can smell your skin burning, they put on a vac to remove smoke. The pain was an 8 for me, having a baby being 10.

I did it Thursday at 4pm and it is MAJOR down time. My face is still swollen bad 48 hrs later and I have a monstrous grid pattern on my face and whole face is a dark red circle of skin to my neck. It is rough like sandpaper. It hurts like a bad sunburn.

The docs should give you pain meds AND a valium or anti-anxiety meds. They should also describe better all the outcomes post op.

Results I have to add later. I wont ever do it again unless they improve greatly on the pain meds or the proceedure changes to no pain.

I had done fraxel, its almost past one year & one month and I am still disheartened so badly. The dot marks can still be seen on cheeks and forehead though its finer now and overall my skin texture looks rough. I will never recommend anyone to gamble with their facial skin for a smoother appearance with the results I get. Very very dissapointed !. Hopefully someone could recommend some facial cream to improve the texture of my skin. Right now I am thinking of going for some chemical peeling with the hope that my skin texture will return.
i will never again have the fraxel re:pair done again,caused dots,laser track marks all over my face,i had the restore done many years ago,not 1 mark from that,i am still waiting to heal,it is 6 months now still marks all over
Its a week and a day later. I am healed but have tight itchy skin still and swollen lymph nodes under jaw near my ear. The nurse said that was from the Fraxel and would heal. I go back Tuesday posst-op 2. No one told me what kind of Fraxel just that Fractionated CO2 Dot Lazer. Still slightly sollen and very tender but looks normal, so itchy though. I would not do the Frxel again unless they come up with better pain contreol, and Im still out on whether I am happy with results, the improvements suppossed to continue mnths later.
did you have fraxel repair done? If so, I believe you were suppossed to get pain meds & anti anxiety before the procedure. How are you now - 5 days later?