Tummy Tuck for a Little Extra Fat and Skin After 2 Kids - Worried About Necrosis

I wish I had never done this! What can I do to...

I wish I had never done this! What can I do to have this corrI had a tummy tuck in March 09.I was not a large person size 2-4 to begin with and very athletic but had a little extra fat and skin after kids.

After 2 weeks my Dr. took out drains. But my stomach would still collect fluid and he was draining every week with a needle for 5 weeks after. But then the scar site would not heal and started turning very dark and would discharge small amounts of fluid in spots. I had to wear a garment for months to help with swelling.

After several months in June(6/10/09) he said he would have to redo on one side with lipo. I agreed and now my stomach has large hardened areas all over especially around the navel about8" in dia.I believe this is fat necrosis, and am very frightend as to what can be done to correct this. Will it ever be normal?

My doctor is away and I have been going in once a week to have the nurse do an ultrasound. Please give me info as to what can be done.

Kim

Will I ever have a normal stomach again? I cannot even do Yoga now because my stomach is so tight and hard.

Hi Kim,

This thread might help: Symptoms of skin necrosis after Tummy Tuck (skip over the information about smoking after surgery, unless of course you smoke :)

When in doubt, I think you should go and see whatever doctor is sitting in for your surgeon in his absence. Have you mentioned it to the nurse?

Good luck with your recovery!

I don't think every case is like this because he has a good reputation. But I would not recommend this to anyone.