Face Dimpling After SMAS Facelift for Jowls/hollowness

At my age it was getting to be time to do...

At my age it was getting to be time to do something about the jowls and hollowness in my face. I chose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I did not want to take any chances with my face.

I had a SMAS facelift about 1 1/2 week ago and I have 2 deep indentations on each side of my face. I've never heard of this happening before. The surgeon said that this was not caused by sutures, but will not directly answer as to what it is. I would like to know what would cause it and whether it will heal and disappear.

The dimpling on the side of my face is much better. However, I can still see it clearly and I can also feel adhesion in those areas. I have thought about fat grafting in the future as I feel that my skin will wrinkle in those areas as I age. As of now, I don't think it is too obvious to others, but I still wear my hair long and it covers the side of my face. I wouldn't go to that same doctor again. I believe plastic surgery requires an artistic hand and I don't think he is gifted. I feel for all of you and I pray that your results do get better with time.
Gag agreements do not hold up in court when there is negligence or abuse involved. Those contracts are just lame scare tactics physicians use to intimidate patients into taking legal action against them. They cannot take away your fundamental legal rights, as much as they may wish to do so. Good luck!
I meant to write, to intimidate patients into not taking legal action against them.

Face Dimpling After SMAS Facelift For Jowls/Hollowness

Thanks for your update!
You are welcome, Angiemcc.
You had the surgery in 09 and now in '14 you're considering fat grafting "in the future" to fill the indentations that have been there for 5 yrs. Is the timeline on these post accurate? I was going to ask if you had excessive bruising or a seroma or hematoma both of which can cause scar tissue and adhesions but having them on both sides in exactly the same spot sounds much more like it was caused by a technique used in the procedure. And these so-called agreements pretty much serve as a barrier to treatment. I had to sign one before my an eye exam for a tear duct issue. Didn't know anything about such a promise to keep quiet if they blinded me until i had shown up for the appointment. What are you going to do at that point~ have a philosophical discussion with the receptionist. Think Carol Burnett as Ms Wiggins...grace

I cannot recommend doctor until I know the outcome of my procedure and whether the dimpling will resolve itself.