Face Dimpling After SMAS Facelift for Jowls/hollowness

At my age it was getting to be time to do...

At my age it was getting to be time to do something about the jowls and hollowness in my face. I chose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I did not want to take any chances with my face.

I had a SMAS facelift about 1 1/2 week ago and I have 2 deep indentations on each side of my face. I've never heard of this happening before. The surgeon said that this was not caused by sutures, but will not directly answer as to what it is. I would like to know what would cause it and whether it will heal and disappear.

Face Dimpling After SMAS Facelift For Jowls/Hollowness

The dimpling on the side of my face is much better. However, I can still see it clearly and I can also feel adhesion in those areas. I have thought about fat grafting in the future as I feel that my skin will wrinkle in those areas as I age. As of now, I don't think it is too obvious to others, but I still wear my hair long and it covers the side of my face. I wouldn't go to that same doctor again. I believe plastic surgery requires an artistic hand and I don't think he is gifted. I feel for all of you and I pray that your results do get better with time.

I cannot recommend doctor until I know the outcome of my procedure and whether the dimpling will resolve itself.