Can't Smile After Mid Face Lift + V Y Plasty

Cons: long healing process extreme swelling mild...

cons: long healing process extreme swelling mild pain can't smile or eat properly at first (still cant smile right)

pros: its only been 4 weeks so i'm not sure but i def have defined facial structure than before.

why: wanted more defined jaw line

I have recently gotten a mid face lift + buckle fat removal + v y lip augmentation with fat injection. its been exactly 4 weeks today and i still have big concerns that worries me.

1. I still can NOT smile! when i do smile, i can only smile a little bit and my smile is extremely unnatural, my lips feel so tight, and i barely get a smile line. i look terrifying when i smile. when will i be able to smile normal? it has gotten a lil better, before i couldnt move my face at all...

2. when i got the v y plasty lip augmentation done, the space under my nose and above my lips is very swollen (i hope its just swollen..it feels very numb). it looks i have something put underneath it because it sticks out so much, making me look like ape-like almost. will this go down? i tend to have be sunken around the smile area and now it looks eve more obvious because my lips are sticking out.

1. when will i be able to smile normal? 2. when i got the v y plasty lip augmentation done, the space under my nose and above my lips is very swollen (i hope its just swollen..it feels very numb). it looks i have something put underneath it because it sticks out so much, making me look like ape-like almost. will this go down? please help me! i'm terrified im going to be like this forever!

i'm not sure, i need to wait a little longer to be healed..

Oops! Sorry, description at "Cheek Lift: Not Happy with Cheek Lift (Mid-face Suspension) - Scottsdale, AZ"

Cheeks too big and upper lip too tight.
One year later, my mouth and smile are still the way I described above. I don't smile very much anymore because I don't like my smile anymore.
I had a lower face lift and mid-face/cheek lift. I'd been seeking only a jaw and neck lift but ended up with the lower-face, cheek, and a partial endoscopic brow lift.

My surgery was four-and-a-half months ago and my upper lip still does not work right.

First, it looks different and changed my smile (I liked my smile before and there was no discussion of any changes to my mouth). When I smile, it looks tights and the skin just under and to the sides of my nostrils pull tights, creating a little bulge where it does. I really dislike that.

Second, my lip looks like it was pulled up and in just a little, so when my mouth is closed, my lower lip sticks out a tiny bit more than the upper lips does.

Third, there is scar tissue inside my mouth where the surgeon went into my cheeks through my mouth and the scar tissue feels like I have wads of cotton stuck under my upper lip, all of the time.

Fourth, my upper lips always feels odd, numb, stiff, and like it has cotton under it so I can't eat normally, especially with a spoon, or drink from a glass or mug with a thick rim, and I can't always pronounce consonants correctly; others it takes extra efforts.

I am going back for a chin fix and hopefully to fix a bulge below one ear, but my upper lips is what has bothered me the most, even depressing me some. I was not prepared for it since there was no mention of any possibility of changes to my mouth.
I was wondering if you ever got your smile back? I had a brow lift 3 weeks ago and I still cannot raise my upper lip.
Hi Amy, You are still early in the healing process. Your swelling will come down with time. As a facial specialist, I'm uncertain as to why you had a mid-face lift for a jawline complaint. They are not connected structures. As far as your facial motion is concerned, it will eventually come back after all the structures disturbed glue back down to your facial skeleton and loose their swelling. Be patient. Dr. Shah