9 Months Later and Still Hurts and Looks Funny

I had a face lift 9 months ago and my cheeks are...

I had a face lift 9 months ago and my cheeks are still swollen, hard, tingling, numb and at time they hurt. Also the scars behind my ears still hurt and are red and still quite large. My doctor says it takes a year for it all to heal, but I am afraid there is something more. All I want is my smile to be back with out looking like a chipmunk.

The pros are my neck line does look better even though there is one ropey area, but that does seem to be getting better.

The cons are the cost for the pain, I still hurt, smile like a chipmunk, still numb and have tingling censations at time.

Need advice

Not sure yet so no real opinion

I live on Maui..who did your work????
after my facelift 37 days ago,I couldn't lift my right eyebrow anymore. It hurts to touch my eyebrow. It feels like the sight in my right eye is compromised. The doctor gave me botox on the left side to make it even. It looks funny and lopsided now. The right side of my lower lip is lower than the right side. There is still a lump under my right jaw. My face is still swollen and very tight and hurts to the touch. The swelling over my ears causes some hearing problems. I had fat injected in my face. The skin over my cheekbones looks chipmunky. My neck is not as nice as I expected. I think more could have been taken away. Sighhhhhhh!
after 2 months i still have alot of painful sensitivity behind my ears where the sutres are and now i feel little bumps...also still numb on the jawline and my neck, although no longer turkey is discolored and feels a pulling and strange sensation to the touch
Hello maui girl. Male here 52 yrs old. I am so sorry about your rhytidectomy experience and the chipmonk smile outcome. It will not improve because your surgeon did not do his homework prior to the surgery. Your cheeks/smile look distorted because when the facial muscles are repositioned and the skin/ tissue is pulled/removed the aesthetic results are not natural. Not all facelift patients encounter the same aesthetic outcome that you did. But, had your plastic surgeon been talented/ knowledgeable enough to forsee the final results and the possibility of a chipmonk smile outcome, he would have made the proper adjustments to the facelift procedure. I wish you the best and remember you are not alone.
Vir55v, you are still very early in the healing process. The numbing and swelling will take months to go away. I'm at 5 months and still have numbness and tighting. Doctor told me that the healing is usually between 3 to 6 months, but has seen some take as long as 18 months.
While reading your experience I felt this was me writing it. I have over two months from my face/neck lift and I have all the same symptoms that you mentioned. Every morning when I wake up it feels like my face is so full and swollen from inside (I sleep with my head highly elevated). On occations I feel that the swelling (or something else) is stretching my neck and it is ready to tear my sking. These symptoms dosent' sound normal, something has to be wrong.I can't wait for other comments.thanks
i have the exact symptoms, 6weeks postop still alot of swelling in and around my ears just curious if yours ever improved