Upper/Lower Blepharoplasty - Considering Revision for Nasty Red Scar

I had upper/lower blepharoplasty seven weeks ago....

I had upper/lower blepharoplasty seven weeks ago. I still have a nasty red scar under one eyelid and my surgeon wants to redo it. I like him, but I don't want to be all swollen and bruised again. It took a lot longer than I thought to look somewhat normal, and that's all I care about now. I feel the scar is there to remind me not to be vain and impulsive.

I mostly regret having eyelid surgery at this point. I did it impulsively, after seeing a brochure at the plastic surgeon's office (my daughter had broken her nose and was having it repaired there.) The lady on the brochure had these hanging eyelids, and I thought, I have that. I asked the doctor, and he said, yes indeed you do. So I booked the surgery and just went for it.

For some reason, my eyes were swollen longer than normal. They still are, frankly. And now I have an ugly red scar too. I can see that my eyes are open a bit wider now, so maybe someday I will be glad I had this. But in general, I've learned I'm not the plastic surgery type. I don't mind looking middle aged that much, so I should just let it be. I just want to look normal, you know? People do stare at the ugly red mark under my eye now.

Should I do the scar revision? How nasty and swollen will I look from it?

I think he's a good surgeon.