Eyelid Surgery Has Altered the Shape of my Eyes

I wanted to do this surgery because I was tired of...

I wanted to do this surgery because I was tired of looking "tired".

The pros were that the "bags" under my eyes are gone. The con is that I feel like my eye shape has changed and I'm not sure if this is for good.

Will this change the shape of my eye? It has been 5 weeks and my eyes look round.

Tim Alexander

I can not really answer this question until I see the full results of my surgery. At this point I am not satisfied with the outcome. I feel like the physician could have done a better job at communicating what the outcome would be or what I could have expected.

thank you for telling us the doctor's name . best luck to you! they say it's takes up to 6 month to see the final results of bleph.
My eyelid creases also have overlapping of skin. I didn't know how to described it until I read another article about something making that remark. I now live in the siliconvalley. Wonder if you live near, so I can show you my eyes. I am so embarrassing about it. The scars are not limited to the eye area. You need to see it. Getting a lawyer wasn't affordable for me. My scars got worst with time. He pulled on the stitches very tight and they are outside of my eyelid creases too. This doctor called himself a oculoplastic doctor and had a huge ad in the orange county newspaper of southern california. He makes many youtube videos. I fell for it. GOod doctors don't need to advertise so much. They get business from referrals.
Dear Sushi I dont think you need to get a lawyer. You must have a Health Care Ombudsmen who looks into faulty health care. They are free. Report this doctor to whatever organisations he belongs to. Doctors take an oath to "do no harm". Look around for a surgeon who specialises in revision surgery.
Hello, I've read your story and it certainly sounds like neglect was used in your case. Most attorney's that do malpractice, are like all law suit attorneys and take 1/3 after you reach settlement. You should have to pay no money up front. You need before and after pictures. Statements from friends and relatives. Also place complaints with your local complaint boards, state licensing board, and any rate a m.d. or complaint boards on the internet. Plastic Surgery is a difficult malpractice claim, because we elected to have it done, but to me that is Bull, and should be changed. I personally feel that doctors performing plastic surgeries without regard to patients mental and emotional well being,after they disfigure them or held accountable for inadequate quality in skills, should be held accountable. Of all the negative results, I've read on my own choice in Plastic Surgeons, she still has a lucrative practice. This to me is unacceptable. My face is ruined forever and I'm not the only one. I don't know when your surgery was performed,but you have a two year limitation for a suit. There has got to be attorneys in your area that will take this on if your face and scarring are that bad, and procedures were performed without consent. Getting your medical records secured, before alterations can be made to them, is important too. I had to get my records from my original surgeon for a reversion. Requested by second Plastic Surgeon whom would perform the reversion and wanting to know what she had done. Reading through it, I found it had been changed. I remember being awake while the first doctor was talking into her recorder for transcription, and it was entirely different than what my medical records said. The second Surgeon also said it was very vague in transcription. Cover your ass is the name of this game. Now cover yours and don't give up. I may never get my old face back or even a reversion that works. But you better beleive when I say, I'll do my best, until i die, to see the surgeon that did this to me, Dr. Vicotira Vitale Lewis, can't do it to another innocent victum. Just wanting to enhance her appearance. It's a promise to you and myself.
Your story is just completely awful! Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem? It's going to take a long time for me to heal. I will have to wear make up again which I hate. The pic I have above is before the procedure. I am darn bruised right now! I teach and I have to look decent. Please email me or send me your perso email so we can communicate. Your story makes me cry. It's terrible! All my support to u. What happened to the quack? Can u do something? Can they laser your scars? Open a little the eye that needs to get even with the other? There must some surgeon that can help.
My email address is Jennycrafter2008@gmail.com. Thanks for taking notice of what happen to me.
NOt all doctors are created equal. I trusted a quack to work on my eyelids. I thought if I go to an eye doctor with oculoplastic experience than I will be okay, but it is worst than my worst nightmare. I have loads of noticeable scars all over my eyes and to the sides of my eyes and into my forehead. I am not kidding. This doctor used me for some kind of experiment and left noticeable scars everywhere. At 27 years old, I have very wrinkle eyes. He stitched me up way too tight. He stitched me to my hairline and onto my forehead pass my eyebrow. Please be very careful who you go to. My face is rude and I cannot get it fix. I have two different shape and size of eyes. I look like a freak. My husband thinks my eyes looks funny. My right eyebrow is approx 1/2" lower than my left eyebrow thanks to this doctor quack. He pulled and cut too much skin from my right eyes causing my eyebrow to sag........
Sorry to hear your plight.I can relate to all that you are saying AND I went to the BEST. I am at a point that I just want to be able to see clearly, hang the look.. 3 months, one upper lid overhangs the lower if try to close, does not touch the eyeball, eye can't get comfortable no matter what I do, the 2 eyes belong to 2 different people,one eye makes 2-5 images depending on time after last blink making life hard if not impossible. And mine was a surgery to improve function with a cosmetic component to correct what functional surgery would create. I wish i could attach the photos of just my eyes....in conclusion,its not just about how good your surgeon......
I just joined this group so I am still learning to naviguate. I feel we have to be very patient with these procedures. I had rhino 3 years ago and I love it. It took time to settle. I just had bleph upper and lower and I am scared of my looks right now but I know all will blend together in a few months. It's the wait that's the hardest. You will love your eyes eventually.

Please do a Google search on your Dr. and also see the Florida Department of Health's Medical License Lookup page (Google "florida license lookup"). That said, it's usually best to discuss these results with your surgeon, but if you feel uncomfortable with that discussion, seek the opinion of a well-qualified surgeon (facial plastic surgeon, ophthalmologist, or plastic surgeon). --DCP