Lower Lid Complication Following Lower Facelift and Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery

I had a lower facelift and upper and lower eyelid...

I had a lower facelift and upper and lower eyelid surgery five weeks ago. My lower lids are drooping showing an excessive amount of white under the irises of my eyes, particularly in the right eye.

I had a lot of swelling in my face from the lift and my surgeon said the drooping was due to the swelling pulling down on the lids. He reinforced the lower lid with a stitch in the out corner of the upper and lower lids. After two weeks, the stitches were removed and the eyes are still drooping. Although I still have swelling in my face, it's much improved and the drooping hasn't improved.

My face and upper lids look great; however, the lower lids are alarming. I wanted to get rid of my droopy eyelids and bags under my eyes, as well as the jowls that were starting to appear. I wanted nothing drastic, just a subtle result.

Is it time to get a second opinion? I'm really concerned with the options I've read about to correct the problem.

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. These related Doctor Q&As from other RealSelfers might help:

Lower eyelid drooping after Blepharoplasty

Lower eyelid drooping and tired look after Blepharoplasty

Best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

Would recommend him unconditionally for face lift, tummy tuck or breast reduction/augmentation. Would not refer anyone to him for eyelid surgery.