Blepharoplasty Done 4 Wks Ago for Excess Skin and Fat Removal

Upper and lower blepharoplasty done 4 weeks ago...

upper and lower blepharoplasty done 4 weeks ago for excess skin and fat removal. scar may be causing a problem. eye does'nt close causing dry eye and double vision.

One of my eyes scar seems to be holding it slightly opened when I blink and sleep. I had steroid injections in the scars a few days ago. I have excess skin that folds over the scar even when my eyelid is closed. my lower lid on the same eye has a dimple from the scar and it sems it is keeping it from lifting properly. What is causing this to happen and will it ever be able to close?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Photo Update

how did this all turn out?

My Dr. kept telling me to have patience and it was...

My Dr. kept telling me to have patience and it was good advice. My eyes have turned out great for the surgery I had done. However I had Botox done to lift my lids a couple of months prior to my surgery by a different dr. when I went in to consult about my surgery the Doc felt I didn't need a brow lift. Within a few months it was evedant to me and him that I should have waited until after the Botox had worn off for surgery. I do regret not having a lift done at the same time. Would I do the surgery over again. Absolutely!

Your eyes look amazing!! There are NO visible scars, and that is hard to achieve! Kudos to your doctor! Did you mention his name? Are you in AZ? I would love to have my eyes done but I am so scared something will go wrong and I will end up blind!!! I'm glad you had such amazing results! It's very encouraging!!
Tabitha in Nashville, TN :-)
My dr.s name is dr. Micheal Schwarts out of Pasadina California. He has a website. Drmichaelschwartz.com. A consultation with a board certified Cosmetic Surgeon would answer you concerns and put you at ease about any concerns you might have. Write down all your questions and have them in front of you so you have all your questions answered. I have found that if your dr. Is impatient answering all your questions hes not the one you should trust with your body. Believe me I have gone to dr.s sometimes with 30 questions before. You can figure out what your dr. Is really like if you do this and avoid having to go back because you forgot to ask about that one thing you were hoping not to forget.
Thanks for the update. Patience is the key. But I don't think I can wait for 2 years for my final result.

Anyway, you look gorgeous! Very pretty eyes.