Eyelid Surgery for Mysathenia Gravis

I have mysathenia graivs. My doc did a lid lift in...

I have mysathenia graivs. My doc did a lid lift in hopes to help this. It did not.

I had a lot of complications. I still have droopy lids. What do we do now to fix this? I assume it is the muscle that lifts the eyelid. I could not open my eyes for 7 days after the surgery, and it was not due to swelling.

Poor after care, doc does not take time to listen to patient. Insurance covered this due to medical problem and eyelid falling so low.

I would recommend being seen by an ophthalmic plastic surgeon. Silicone slings work the best for myasthenic patients. The muscle is weak from myasthenia. No amount of tightening is going to help it.

Hi Ellaa,

My grandfather had MG as well. It's a horrible thing and I wish you all the best.

I'm surprised to hear that they do eyelid surgery for myastenia gravis. Did your doc have much experience with patients who have the disease?

If you haven't already, it might be worth seeking a second opinion with a doc who specialises in MG, if only because you have additional risk factors that might complicate further surgeries.

Best of luck to you,