Burned by Active FX During Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty

Completed transconjunctival blepharoplasty with...

Completed transconjunctival blepharoplasty with Active FX laser to under eye area and full face. Was told down time would be only about a week to 10 days but am experiencing significant downtime due to prolonged redness under eyes.

I am exactly 4 weeks out from a transconjunctival blepharoplasty with Active FX laser to tighten skin, and botox. My skin is still red. My MD says this is not the norm but will resolve with time and has prescribed a Medrol Dose Pak which I have completed. I am also applying topical cortisone cream. Redness remains.

I followed all post-procedure instructions and feel that I am healed from the blepharoplasty but somehow burned by the laser.

Seeking advice here, consulting a 2nd plastics MD...

Seeking advice here, consulting a 2nd plastics MD for another opinion this week.
Updating this...1 year post procedure. Skin is altered permanently. The nasty reviews I read and was told was the extreme exception to the rule are true. My skin is worse after having this done. Have invested in very expensive products as a remedy which is helping...no tolerance for sun at all..redness occurs. DO NOT LET SOMEBODY SELL YOU ON BURNING YOUR SKIN AS A REFURBISHMENT AND IMPROVEMENT!

please do not have this procedure done. it is very risky! i had active fx 4 weeks ago and still suffering. i am in my 40's and very healthy. i had reasonably nice skin before the procedure and had active fx because of a few brown spots and some minor lines. the laser was not unbearable. since then everything went downhill, i followed all the instructions very closely and carefully. one week later i 2 sores appeared on the side of my face. i immediately went back to the doctor and he was not there so i saw the r.n. she said i needed to see a dermatologist and did not know what they were. i went to my dermatologist the next day, he said i had a staff infection! put me on strong antibiotics and that they may cause a yeast infection (what?!) shortly after i developed a yeast infection. the infection's finally healed leaving 2 scars on my face and the rest a blotchy mess! every day i have about a dozen new pimples. it was a big mistake to have this done, tell your friends it is not worth it and there are too many risks involved.

Downtime extensive compared to what I was told pre-procedure.