Bad Blepharoplasty Had to Be Re-done

Worth it BUT ONLY IF you get a skilled surgeon,...

Worth it BUT ONLY IF you get a skilled surgeon, not like the dermatologist-gone-cosmetic-surgeon who did my eyelids in the photo below.

You'll never know what your blepharoplasty looks like until you see photos taken of yourself at angles (and we readers never will, either). The mirror is deceptive.

All the photos I see of blepharoplasties, both on this site and elsewhere, are photos taken straight-on from the front. But straight-on photos of blepharoplasties like the ones posted on this site don't give viewers a very good idea of what the blepharoplasty REALLY looks like on the person, or whether or not the surgery was well done or not. That's why I've attached a photo of my (bad) blepharoplasty here, a photo which I took myself, so readers can understand that in real life people see you at angles, not straight-on like you see yourself when you look in the mirror.

Look at the horrible white stripes on my eyelids--those unacceptable white stripes weren't very obvious in straight-on photos of me--YOU HAVE TO POST PHOTOS TAKEN AT ANGLES.

By the way, I had my blepharoplasty re-done.

No. I'm not allowed to tell you her name because I signed an agreement to that effect when I insisted on and finally got my money back.

Correct, before and after photos is often a very onesided story... In the right angle, flattering light, well then my upper and lower bleo look okey. The asymmetri, dry eyes, hollowness, tight upper eyelids that hurt when my face is animates, the bags and wrinkle when I smile...none of this is visible in the photos taken by my doctor. So beware if you consider having plastic surgery done, get a very experienced specialist. Happy to hear you got your money back, Truecolors, hope your revisison went okey:)
Sorry to hear but thanks for sharing. I've had some bad results myself & don't know what to do.
Hi, Think I might have been to that same doctor for injections. Did such a bad job that I asked for refund. Sorry to hear all you went through.
Dear nathel22, I actually had the same surgeon re-do it because that's what the other doctors suggested [they always say, 'Go back to the surgeon who did it and tell you her concerns.' She re-did the eyelids so that they looked better, but I can't say they look great. She still was sloppy. I got my money back and went to a couple other surgeons, but both of them said I didn't have enough eyelid left to work with so best not to do any more (I have eye closure problems and have to tape my eyelids shut at night--but it feels good to do it, to not have dry eyes in the morning. One month post-op isn't long, I think it took me 3 months to fully heal. It doesn't hurt any more to have it redone than it does to have it done, which isn't much. I'd post a photo of me now, but my camera/computer connection is acting up. But one eye is smaller than the other. She was just a sloppy doctor.
I had my upper eyelid done about 2 weeks ago. The corner of my left eye forms a fold or winkle that does seem permanent. I am going to talk to the doctor about it tomorrow. Any advice?
how does it look now? was it painful to get it redone? I am ok with mine but there is redness and make up irritates it. My pic is not me after bleph and I will post again later. I am one month post op and I am still healing.
Dear ylied2me, I'm sorry but I lost the original photo when my computer hard-drive crashed. The photo I posted here was one that I just happened to have printed out on plain paper before the crash. Unfortunately, I lost a whole lot of photos in that crash, all of them taken during that post-bad-bleph-bad-eyebrow time frame. I'll keep an eye out for any other photos I might have that might show more, but so far this is the best photo I can find. But even though it's blurry you can still see the 'white stripes' on the eyelids. Look very closely, and you can see white dots, too, close to the stripes--scars left by the stitches. The little black pen marks you see were drawn by another surgeon I consulted about the bad bleph; he was pointing out some problems he saw with the original surgery. Regarding the eyebrows:Look closely and you can see the growth of REAL eyebrow hairs below the tattoos (which, by the way,created big problems just in terms of plucking and waxing). The tattoos don't follow the natural shape of my brows at all, and thus don't fit my face. The most horrifying moment was when I saw my face in the gym mirror, where the lighting usually brought out my nicer features, like my cheekbones, because the angle of the lighting created flattering shadows. With these tattooed eyebrows, I no longer had a feminine, nice-looking brow line. Instead it looked like I was wearing goggles! Yliedtome, here's what I'll do (but give me a couple of days). If you send me your personal email address, I'll post some photos of what I look like now, with a more natural-looking arch. I find that easier than trying to crop, cut, and past for realself.com. My email address is: shanetracy.pt@gmail.com Email me TWICE in a row so I don't accidentally overlook your email. PS: Also tell me whether it's the blepharoplasty or the tattoos that you're the most concerned about so I'll know what kind of photos to look for.
Seriously, your picture is so blurry and I can't see it clear. Would you post another clearer photo of yours? Thanks