Tooth Extraction Collagen Injection to Close Holes and Prepare for Implants Caused Severe Pain

I had a tooth extraction and was injected in all 4...

I had a tooth extraction and was injected in all 4 root sockets with collagen. I was not given the facts about collagen and have never had an injection before. I should have been given the option on how I wanted my healing process.

I have jaw pain and swelling for over a week now. the next step is to have the tooth implant procedure at the root. it is going to cost me over $2000- $3000 when I am done. first part was $350. Did not explain options and told me jaw pain was due to habit of clenching teeth and grinding teeth which i have never done. the pain only came after the tooth was extracted and roots were injected. could I be allergic or have a side effect?

Yes, it is possible to have allergic reaction on collagen - as it is typically from bovine or synthetic source. Do not take colagen in the future.

Did not explain options and told me jaw pain was due to habit of clenching teeth and grinding teeth which i have never done. the pain only came after the tooth was extracted and roots were injected with collagen. I would have appreciated full disclosure and choices of how I would like to proceed with healing process.