Would Recommend 100 Times Over! - Chicago, IL

I had discoloration to my teeth from antibiotic...

I had discoloration to my teeth from antibiotic use as a child, aside from a couple of teeth on top misaligned (the eye teeth were coming out from higher in my gums) they were otherwise healthy but I was advised the best solution would be to get crowns. (other options were implants, which seemed very painful or dentures (always discouraged).

As a child I did have some bonding done, however this did not change the actual shape of my teeth very much. About 15 years ago I had 8 crowns done, (2 eye teeth were removed because they were protruding from top of my gums and gave me that vampiress look..so those were actually pulled and fake teeth were made and permanantly cemented right onto my other crowns(in other words they do not come out).By doing this it allowed a near perfect smile and even teeth at least on top.

The result was AMAZING..for someone who grew up being so self conscious and afraid to smile I have to smile at the irony because I often have people tell me how beautiful my teeth are and what a great smile I have. I smile alot more after I had my teeth capped! It was a greet self esteem booster and I would recommend it to anyone. It was costly and I probably need to have them redone soon but it was worth every penny.

I had the teeth capped all in one 4 hour sitting (left with temporary caps) and with the help of nitrous oxide felt very little pain. The excitement of knowing you will leave with a totally new look far exceeds the discomfort. (I should mention I am petrified of the dentist so if I can take it anyone can!).I did have some brusing of the gums for a couple weeks afterwards and tenderness but pain was not bad at all..just took a while to learn how to talk again with teeth positioned differently in my mouth.

If you are considering caps I would say "Go for it!"..especially if you are self conscious about your smile. You will be astounded by what cosmetic dentistry can do! I am sure advances have been made since my experience as well.

Wow, 15 years seems like a good amount of time to get out of that investment.

You had mentioned you will probably have to have them re-done sometime soon. Has your dentist mentioned this as a need, or are you just guessing it will be coming up due to how long you have had them?

Dr. Anthony DiConstanzo