Numb Sensation After Breast Reduction

I am 32 years old and had been...

I am 32 years old and had been "big-breasted" since I was a teenager. My bra size was 34DDD and I was extrememly unhappy with all the issues that big breasts can cause. I was experiencing major back and shoulder pain and having difficulty finding bras and clothes I could comfortably wear. So I decided to have a breast reduction.

It has been 2 months since my procedure and I am now a 34C. I am very happy with the size and shape of my breasts now. My only concerns are scarring and a numb sensation that has not decreased since my surgery. Nipple sensation has been practically non-existant.

Other than those 2 concerns, I am very happy with my results and highly recommend the procedure.

Two months after my breast reduction and I am still experiencing a numb-like sensation throughout my entire breast area. Will this decrease?

I've read that numbness and bruising will eventually fade over time. Yet, I also have clearly read that it also may be permanent. And shouldn't your nipple hurt when someone pinches it!? Why would someone be doing that to you in the first place?! I have no idea what I am doing, I am just trying to figure who is the best doctor to go to in Corpus or Dallas and get the results I am somewhat am expecting. I am definitely doing a breast reduction and breast lift if i even have to do both of them. But I plan to go from a 34DD to a full cup 34C. I have back and neck problems. I am constantly noticing myself slouch.Any advice, tips, or really anything would be a load of help. Thanks.
I had my breast reduction surgery back in OCT of 08. I went from a 36DD, to a 36C/D.. I did not have nipple sensation at all in the months after surgery. Now all I can feel is pain when the areola or nipple is pinched. It's really quite sad. :( I'm actually quite unhappy with my results now. The breasts are not as perky as I had hoped. They are still tender at times. I'm not "comfortable" with them I guess. It appears I'll be getting implants soon!!!
SO what's your doctor say? I'm in the same exact boat as you. I am 2 months out and my nipple sensation in left breast is nonexistent and the right I can tell it's being pinched if I pinch really hard..but it's a vague strange feeling. Absolutely no pleasure sensations. This disturbs me so much and actually has made me slightly depressed because it was so much of our sex life. Anywhoo. I keep reading that it can take months for nipple sensation to come back. I've read up to a year. I had much less surgery than you had done. I had less than 100 cc in one breast removed and nothing in the other and I'm still have no feeling. The bottom of my breasts are numbish too but I slowly see improvements with that every day..but very slow improvements. I am trying to keep positive and I wish more ladies would come on here and say they were numb for 3 months and it all came back in the longrun because it is making me quite anxious. You're not alone! My doctor thinks it's impossible that she could have messed my nipple sensation up because my nipples had very little trama..or so she says.

I would highly recommend my doctor, although he concentrates more on pediatric plastic surgery and made an exception in my case.