Consider the Psychological Implications Before You Agree to Breast Reduction for Back Pain

I'm 47 years old and was a 36G cup with severe...

I'm 47 years old and was a 36G cup with severe mid-back pain. After a full year of exhaustive texts the problem could only be put down to the size of my breast.

I had reduction in February, 4 months ago, and wish I didn't... I was so focused on trying to eliminate the back pain that I didn't consider the implications of having such major surgery. I feel mutilated and can't look at my breasts now. The fact that the scars are not healing and are red,raised and sore does not help.

My surgeon says that my breasts are sagging and that as a result my nipples are going to appear too high. He also says that the nipples have grown - so they are larger than they should be.

Your scars are only 4 months old. After 10 years mine still have some redness. It takes the scars up to 2 years to reach their fully healed appearance as every layer of skin was cut through. I am confused as to what type of scarring you expect with major surgery, did you see pictures before your surgery?