Receding Chin - I Love my Chin Augmentation!

I had a receding chin which resulted in an...

I had a receding chin which resulted in an unattractive profile, as well as a slight double chin even though I'm not overweight.

The plastic surgeon performed a chin augmentation (implant) and I could not be happier with the results. It has made a huge difference in my appearance and confidence. I wish I would have done this 10 years ago (I'm 38).

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Dr. was very informative and skilled.

You look amazing! Did you have local or general anesthesia? Any problems?
where was your incision? mouth or under chin?
Looks great!!!
Thanks. Yes, he took my picture and then showed me on a computer what it would look like with various sizes of implants by moving the mouse forward and back. You will prob need at least 3 days off work. I'm not sure how long because I also had laser treatement for rosacea at the same time, and so it was hard to distinguish what bruising/swelling was from the chin implant and what was from the rosacea. The rosacea treatment takes a couple of weeks to recover from. Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions.
Your results are extremely good! Thanks for posting your experience. I am going to see Dr. McMahan next week for consultation for chin implant. Does he somehow show you on a computer or something what your profile will look like after the implant? Do you think, I'll need a week off from work for recovery? Thanks.
How much did the whole procedure cost was 3500 with anesthesia or no? btw it looks great
Yes the 3500 included the anesthesia.
Wow! You look amazing! Congrats! Has the chin implant affected your smile at all? I have a small mouth and I am worried that my smile may look weird..
No it hasn't affected my smile at all.
I had swelling for about a week. It wasn't that bad at all. Nowadays I forget that I even have a chin implant.
Hey Linda, did you had swelling on your face? If yes for how long?
Yowza!! Unbelievably wonderful results. Chin implants were made for before faces like yours.
Based on your experience, how long would it have taken you to feel comfortable returning to a desk job?
Great result. You look wonderful!
You look great
The recovery wasn't bad at all. I was somewhat bruised and swollen for about a week. I don't remember the pain being a big problem. It was def. there, but nothing terrible and I'm a bit of a baby too.
Can you tell me what your recovery was like. Your profile is very similar to mine and I have a consult Tuesday but am a baby when it comes to pain.
you look great! how big is your implant?
It's an anatomical size 2 with wings, and made out of "silastic" which is a type of silicone rubber. He didn't decide upon a size until he was doing the procedure...he tries the diff sizes then and chooses the one that looks best.
Linda, your profile looks really harmonic and proportioned. Did the front view change a lot? I like my smile seen from the front. I'm 38 as well and my fear is that by adding the implant, it might create tinkles and creases on my chin and make me look older. I look younger than my age now... Also, I thought chin implant could help with my problem of showing lower teeth too much and practically nothing of my upper teeth... did it change the position of your lower lip at all? Thanks!

You look amazing. Thanks again for telling me about your implant. I had my medpor implant switched out for a silicone one like you have. Currently my profile is definitely not as nice as yours and I have a weird hard spot below my chin that sticks out - hopefully this goes away. How long did it take for yours to look nice?

It took probably a month for it to look good, and even then it was a little bit swollen still. I do have a little lump on the right side that I see, but I don't think anyone else notices it. It's very subtle, but at first it wasn't as subtle. When did you have it done? What does the doctor say about the hard spot? I also had some liposuction out of the chin along with the implant. I can't remember if I said that before. It's funny because my husband and sisters and mom all say they can't really tell a difference! I think it's a huge difference! Do you have any pictures?
I can tell the difference from your pictures. The fact ppl cannot tell means it was the right size and it was well performed. You don't want ppl to know you had a surgery. You want then to believe its natural. Our brains accustom very fast to subtle changes on others. I think you are a success story in the realm of chin implant :) I just wonder if it would do the same for me. :)
wow!!!!