Pannulectomy & Full TT Following 100+lb Weight Loss

I am 4 wks post pannulectomy & full TT...

I am 4 wks post pannulectomy & full TT following a 100+lb weight loss (lifestyle change/exercise). I still have drains in and am draining 50+cc's of a yellow discharge with solid matter a day on the right side, bately nothing on the left which is the same side I have had a hard fist sized bulge in since surgery. I mentioned the bulge to my surgeon last week and was told that if it was still there in a year (!) lipo would be performed - but no mention of a possible seroma was made.

Very pleased with the overall result, regained much needed confidence in my body image.

Cons; severe pain for 2 weeks post op; now only issue is continued draining.

I did this because of a 100+ weight loss and a rediscovery of who I am. My goal was to be everything I never was by the time I was 50 - and I will be!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

A few questions, will this bulge go down if the...

A few questions, will this bulge go down if the drains remain in? How many cc's a day do I have to be at before the drains are removed? Why can't I drive as long as the drains are in? Finally, what could this bulge be? -- Updated on Nov 12, 2009: Also, my ab muscles felt very tight for the first 3 weeks, but now I notice I can "relax" my stomach muscles....and they don't feel as "tight". Is this normal or should I be concerned that the muscle repair might be failing? About 2 weeks post op I sneezed suddenly without time to brace and had an immediate sharp pain in my rt upper ab mid section - adjacent to my belly button. Now I am worried I popped a stitch and am "unraveling" inside! I told the MD about it at the time but was told a not to worry about it because I was sewn up 3x and "was going no where". Thoughts?

Hi I am from buffalo ny too! iim having my TT march 1st 2 days!! =) who was your surgeon? mine is Dr. Andrew Giacobbe
Good afternoon, Iam only one day post TT. My PS said they removed 12 lbs of fat (I don't know if that includede the excess skin). I am happy about that initial removal because I have a goal to see my stomach flatter than it has been in 13 years. I am unsure of how may stitches I have. I feel some gurgling in my stomach at times. I have two drains that seem to be draining well. I have refused any pain medication. I am taking my antibiotic & celebrex. I am handling the pain well, it hurts most when I try to sit up higher in the bed or get out of the bed to use the restroom. Right now I am feeling pretty good just want to know when I will be able to stand up straight so I can see my stomach.
Great result Do not worry you will not unravel. Your Plastic surgeon is right we do put multilayered sutures

Excellent surgeon,the scar is barely noticeable, I was shown only pictures of the "worst case" scenarios so I did not develop false expectations, which I did not understand at first but now, fully appreciate that approach to the outcome expectations!