Still Swelling After All These Years...

I should have known. The doctor is highly...

I should have known. The doctor is highly advertised. However I was shocked when I walked in his office and the man I saw was not the same man in the glossy advertisements. OK, technically it was the same man... only about 15 years older. Looking back I'm assuming that most of his before and after pics were also from 15 years ago.

He is triple board certified. He has credentials on top of credentials. I mean how else do you pick a doctor?

When the surgey was over my blood pressure shot through the roof. His main concern was not getting me stabilized but getting me out of his office (he has his own surgicenter).

Immediately thick scars started forming under my eyes and started causing my lower lids to droop. I sent many pictures via email with little or no response. I made a follow up appointment to see him. He said "either you need to be patient or I can prescribe some Valium for you". I can assure you I was calm and in control. I just wondered why my eyes were drooping and thick, visible scars were forming. He finally put me through a series of steroid shots (in my lower lids...not for the faint of heart). Those did help a little with the scarring but did nothing for the drooping.

THREE years later I still have droopy lower lids, visible scars under my lids, around my ears, in my hairline and the scar from the brow lift looks like someone cut it open with scissors. On top of that I get marked swelling in my brows, eyes and forehead on a DAILY basis. This seems to be perpetuated by stimulation to the scalp - like when I fix my hair.

The doc was totally dismissive after surgery. I felt like there was nothing I could really do. I wasn't 'maimed' it just wasn't good. I finally gave up.

I am marking 'undecided' to the "Was it worth it" question. I am not disappointed that I had the procedures. I just wish I had chosen a different doctor.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have been dealing with hair loss, and this horrible distortion for three years. I have marked scarring in my lower lids which he 'fixed' with a series of steroid shots. The doc was very dismissive after the surgery. I finally just gave up because it seems my hands are tied.

I went to this "doctor" and it was the biggest MISTAKE of my LIFE. He has completely DEFORMED my nose. This isn't a case where someone could argue that the doctor made it too big or not how they wanted.... no this isn't the case... He actually deformed my nose through not practicing medicine the way he should have. A huge dent formed after my first rhinoplasty. When I went to him to ask about it he said it could easily be fixed that it was just "so simple" and not to worry. I trusted him, as you should trust your doctor. He preformed the surgery one 1 month after my first surgery! I didn't know any better that you needed to wait but EVERY plastic surgeon knows to wait at least a year before operating again. This caused me to have an even more deformed nose with a bulging tissue that was only placed in half the dent giving the illusion of having an even greater dent along with a bulging graft and on top of that my nostril has contracted due to him "stimulating" the dent with a needle. He has ruined my nose and it kills me every single day when I look in the mirror and know this could have all been easily prevented if I would have just gone to someone else.
Hi all, I'm out of your territory , I live in New Zealand. I've had a really bad experience with a so called cosmetic surgeon in Bangkok. I had a few procedures done and most of them I'm unhappy with , but the worst of them is the one that causes me pain every day after 6 yrs. I had dermal fillers injected into my lips , I was told nothing about the possible side effects of this. I now have lips from a horror movie, I cant smile or even eat an apple anymore, its too painful. I wish someone could help ? Vicki NZ.
I know with some fillers there is another injection that can get rid of the original filler. try looking just 'getting rid of filler'.

could you please email me the name of your doctor? I am having work done in a month by a houston surgeon who sounds a little like the one you had issues with. would really like to know the name of your surgeon.

thanks!

opps i just relized you already posted his name. thanks anyways!
Warning: Don't go to him! He deformed my nose!