Was Breast Cancer Radiation the Cause of Massive Scar Tisssue After Breast Reduction?

I had a breast reduction in 2007 which was done 4...

I had a breast reduction in 2007 which was done 4 weeks after breast cancer. On the left side where the cancer was my breast has slowly produced a large mass of scar tissue and has made this breast a great deal smaller than the other.

My doctor reformed surgery again (present) to remove the scar tissue and again reduce the size of the right. I now have scar tissue along the entire bottom of the left breast which continues all the way under my arm!!! The nipple on my left breast is also about 2 inches lower than the right? When I had the breast cancer I did not need any chemo nor were any lymph nodes invaded. I endured 1 week of rediation treatments twice a day.

There was massive scar tissue and was told it would subside. After 2 years it has gotten worse and the corrective surgery was even more worse.

I originally did it because I had pain in my shoulders (ddd cup size). I love the look of my right breast but can the left ever be made to look right?

My doctor is blaming the radiation for everything that has gone wrong. Tell me...is my doctor correct about this or should I see an new doctor?
I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer in 2007. Had a lumpectomy and radition. I became a 5-year cancer survivor in October, 2012. In November, radiation-damaged scarred tissue became irritated and erupted and I had to have surgery to remove it. Due to the damage to the skin and tissue, I am currently working with a wound care nurse. I am told this happens very rarely so I am having a hard time locating information on this condition. Can anyone tell me if there is a web site that addresses this issue? Thanks.
Just one week ago I had surgery to remove radiation scar tissue from my right breast. It progressively tightened making my lumpectomy divot site, located just underneath my nipple, larger and also my nipple was pulled down into the divot. After surgery, my doctor explained that the scar tissue had attached to the back of the nipple causing the pain and the deformity. The surgery took 4 hours, because they did have to work on my left side to create symmetry. I had implants first in 2000. Diagnosed with early stage breast canceer in 2006. Lumpectomy, right implant removed, tissue expander inserted, radiation for 6 weeks. in 2007 one year later I had a new set of silicone implants but it didn't correct the lumpectomy divot but minimized it. After these almost 7 years I had a huge difference in breasts and increased pain in my right breast. I didn't think anything could be done until I saw a different plastic surgery. He said as long as I don't have to have radiation again, the problem should not return. After one week and still healing, I am pleased to have 2 breasts that look the same again.
I agree with your doctor. Radiation injury can be significant and can cause deformity of the breast which is progressive. It is not inusual to have multiple surgical procedures on the opposite breast to try to achieve symmetry, which can be very difficult. Recent obsevations have shown that fat transfer to the radiated breast can reverse some of the changes as a result of radiation. The theory here is that with fat transfere there is stem cell transfer that correct these changes.