Balance is a Beautiful Thing

In 2003 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. ...

In 2003 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Consequently, I had a partial mastectomy (aka lumpectomy) on my right breast.

After the surgery, 4 mos. of chemo, & 2 mos. of radiation; I finally felt it was time to consider having my breasts 'fixed'. However, I was torn regarding the decision to have yet another surgery. The difference in breast size wasn't extremely noticeable; at least that's what family, friends, & even my surgeon said. However, it became more & more of an issue for me.

I heard of a surgeon who was not afraid of recontructing radiated skin & who had worked on a friend of mine with similar circumstances. I am so glad I decided to give him a try. My surgeon did a fabulous job of reconstructing my right breast & lifting my left one to maintain a balance that I realized I had missed more than I knew. I can't recommend him highly enough. He helped to put balance back in my life & 'Balance, is a beautiful thing'.

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

He is very knowledgeable & very talented at what he does. He is one of very few that does radiated skin. He cares.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in