Recent Upgrade Implants 325cc to 550cc - Unhappy with Results, Considering 3rd Surgery

I just had my 325cc saline implants replaced with...

I just had my 325cc saline implants replaced with 550cc silicone implants about 4 days ago. Prior to the surgery, I had extreme rippling due to dramatic weight loss. As a result, I have nearly no fatty tissue in the breast area.

I wanted larger breasts and had 325cc saline implants. I upgraded to a larger size of 550cc and went with the silicone type of implant. I love the larger look in size but am slightly unhappy of the rippling I have as a result of the larger implant.

Updated on Sep 21, 2009
For increased bust size - overall appearance. I recently lost about 30 pounds and my saline implants were about 9 years+ old. I had a lot of rippling due to weight loss and very thin tissue. I still have rippling present even with the recent upgrade to a larger size and type.

I recently had replacement implants to 550CC - silicone. I really was expecting to look larger than the result. I am considering having a 3rd surgery in a few months increasing the size to 700 or 750CC. I am only 5'2" and about 108 lbs. Does anyone who is my body type have any suggestions and/or comments? Thank you for your input.

Now with the 550cc implants, I still have rippling on the side of my right breast. Is this common with people with thin skin? Did I choose a implant size too large? I am 5'2" and 108 lbs. My doctor did say I have a very narrow chest wall. I now have 550cc Mentor High Profile Silicone implants. Just a thought, If I would have gone larger than 550cc, would I have had complications? Thank you in advance for your response.

i think your to short for anything bigger!
Update!! I just had my 3rd implant surgery on Feb 10. I had my 550cc Mentor HP silicone implants upgraded to 800cc Mentor HP silicone implants and am very happy with the results. I do not look totally overdone and now I have no rippling whatsoever. I am now a 34DDD - I have an awesome doctor!!!
Hello i would like to know where you went to get them done
I upgraded from 325cc saline overs to 475cc silicone memory gel partial unders. I have some rippling but not nearly as much as with the horrible saline implants even though I went much larger. I'm 5'3", 100 lbs and I got the high profile implant as the doctor said I would ripple less with those. The sides of my breasts don't ripple that much on me.
I don't know why but had my first post op appt today - The doctor did not recommend me going any larger as I too am thin and he said I would look too "fake". He told me I should gain 5 pounds to see if that helps the rippling but who wants to gain weight? I worked so hard to get down to a comfortable weight - 108 lbs. I guess I am going to have to live with the rippling as the injections of Alloderm as just not an option for me at the moment due to expense. They did suggest going down a band size from 32 to 30 to see if that helps with support and could help with healing and also the rippling since its only been 1 week since the replacement.
I am 5' 108 lbs. with my 400 moderate profile before i was a full C now with my 475 high profile I am a 32 DD. I was just hopeing that by changing to silicone unders it would get rid of my rippling totally. But from what I have read by going with a implant that is to big for you it increases your chances of rippling.Right now mine is only when bending over so i hope it does not get any worse.
Thanks for your information! I am only a 32D with 550cc implants. Mine were put under the muscle maybe that is why my cup size is smaller than yours. I was hoping for larger but I will speak to my surgeon this week. I guess there are disadvantages of being petite!
I had 425cc under the muscle and it brought me from a 34A to a 34D... interesting that yours were so much bigger and also got you to a D. I think I want to have mine replaced with much smaller ones. I am 5'7" but lean, so the Ds do not fit my frame.
I had my revision 6 weeks ago. I had 400 cc's saline overs i had terrible rippling. I switched to 475 slicone unders and still have rippling while bending over. I am hopeing it does not get worse.
What cup size are you now? I am 550cc but am only a small D. I was expected to be a little larger. Being only 5'2" I guess it's better than looking overly done.
Dear Becca In most cases the smaller you are, the larger you go, the more likely you are to have rippling. Saline does ripple more than silicone by about 3 or 4 to 1. In all liklihood you will see more rippling over time. In some paqtients I have used Alloderm or Flex HD to try to thickened the tissues and this has helped. It is placed (sutured ) into the pocket. It is cadaver dermis (skin) that is specially processed. There are not many options unfortunately other than switching to smaller than the 550cc implants. Discuss the problem with your plastic surgeon Good Luck Steven Schuster MD FACS
Thank you for your response!