Pain in Breasts Even 2 1/2 Years After Breast Augmentation

Pros: increased confidence, clothes fit and look...

Pros: increased confidence, clothes fit and look better, helped even out the proportions of my body.

Cons: discomfort even years after surgery,decreased nipple sensation, very painful recovery

I had breast implant surgery mainly because I felt insecure about my small bust and it was affecting my love life with my long time boyfriend because I hated him to see my breasts naked. Also, I am a very petite girl who had trouble finding clothes that fit properly in the styles I wanted, and since getting implants I no longer have that problem.

I had breast augmentation about 2 1/2 years ago and still experience discomfort in both breasts. The pain in the right breast is much worse than the left, as it has dropped lower than the left and has also creeped over into my armpit area. I cannot lay flat on my stomach or lay on my right side during the night or I will wake up with very sore breasts. I have decreased nipple sensation, and am always aware of my implants as if my body never got used to them...even something small like too tight of a hug will bother me. Also, every now and then I get a sharp shooting pain in my right breast.

The implants I have are high profile (inserted through the armpit) and I am a very petite girl. Could this be the reason I am having pain? Would moderate profile implants be better? I have spoken to my Dr. about my symptoms and he has suggested tacking up the right breast, but my concerns are beyond just repositioning the implant. Any thoughts?
Orlando Plastic Surgeon

I feel that although I have expressed concern, my doctor has not been able to really satisfy me with any answers or solutions.