Pain in Breasts Even 2 1/2 Years After Breast Augmentation

Pros: increased confidence, clothes fit and look...

Pros: increased confidence, clothes fit and look better, helped even out the proportions of my body.

Cons: discomfort even years after surgery,decreased nipple sensation, very painful recovery

I had breast implant surgery mainly because I felt insecure about my small bust and it was affecting my love life with my long time boyfriend because I hated him to see my breasts naked. Also, I am a very petite girl who had trouble finding clothes that fit properly in the styles I wanted, and since getting implants I no longer have that problem.

I had breast augmentation about 2 1/2 years ago and still experience discomfort in both breasts. The pain in the right breast is much worse than the left, as it has dropped lower than the left and has also creeped over into my armpit area. I cannot lay flat on my stomach or lay on my right side during the night or I will wake up with very sore breasts. I have decreased nipple sensation, and am always aware of my implants as if my body never got used to them...even something small like too tight of a hug will bother me. Also, every now and then I get a sharp shooting pain in my right breast.

The implants I have are high profile (inserted through the armpit) and I am a very petite girl. Could this be the reason I am having pain? Would moderate profile implants be better? I have spoken to my Dr. about my symptoms and he has suggested tacking up the right breast, but my concerns are beyond just repositioning the implant. Any thoughts?

I had my 600 mentors (with warranty) put in by Dr.Pham in celebration...I am extremely happy with them, the best $5K I ever spent. The price of silicone went up so they're more $ now. But this past week I've had significant pain in my breasts, massaging them reduces the discomfort. I will make an appt as soon as I can cover the cost. I am icing them now with gel packs and they feel fine. Maybe some kind of nerve pain from new nerve connections being made or what-not. I went in the breast crease due to the large implant size, so alot of sensation was lost initially and still being returned to "normal". Just the overall breast tenderness and pain is quite disconcerting. :-( but overall, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, even with the higher cost due to silicone inflation...no pun intended. ;-)
Dr Soto charges a LOT more than any other surgeons in Orlando! I already went to 8 others, after deep research on credentials. Dr Soto was THE ONLY doctor that said Mentor does NOT warranty their bags against deflation!! All the other 8 doctors said they are under warranty, and knew the procedures to submit this info to Mentor. Interesting, huh? My top 3 right now are Dr Fiala, Dr Brian Joseph and Dr Rotatori...ALL Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, specializing in breast augmentations!! I threw Dr Armando Soto's info away...
Where did you go? I'm thinking of Dr. Armando Soto or Dr. Brian Joseph. I'm having a revision after 20 years with implants - going bigger to fill out the effects of gravity and age.
Orlando Plastic Surgeon

I feel that although I have expressed concern, my doctor has not been able to really satisfy me with any answers or solutions.