Extreme Pain 3 Years After Breast Augmentation...

Hi! 3 years ago I had a breast augmentation (went...

Hi! 3 years ago I had a breast augmentation (went from a 32A to 32C- 300cc, under the muscle via the arm pit) and 3 months after that my left breast "bottomed out" and I had to wait a year to have reconstructive surgery. Exactly one year later I had it reconstructed and everything was perfect after!(same size, 300cc but via the nipple this time).

I have been to my plastic surgeon TWICE and all she has to offer is to take them out... She gave me a numbing shot where it hurt but that barely lasted an hour...I then went to a breast cancer specialist to get an ultrasound afraid of it possibly being breast cancer but she didnt detect anything and she refered me to a pain management doctor who said he couldn't help me because it wasn't as if I was injured in a car accident and needed to be on pain pills the rest of my life...I am thinking it may be nerve damage?? Is that possible??

I have no where else to turn! I have been to many doctors and no one has the slightest clue how to help me...The pain is awful BUT I do not want to take them out :( Please help!

Recently, 2 years later, I have been having extreme pain in what feels like the muscle under my left breast where they made the incision... when I lift my left arm to wash my hair or when lay down for a while then get up it feels like a stinging/burning, sharp pain!! I am thinking it may be nerve damage?? Is that possible??

ok I think I have found something I think the derma wand could fix pain.... why because its similar to this read this article http://www.rebuildermedical.ca/index-r.php?gclid=CIm8lueGlb8CFQh8vQodGq0ABg
The national average of permanent nipple numbness occurs in 15% of all women who have breast augmentation. Numbness is due to damage to the nerve that provides sensation to the nipple (the 4th intercostal nerve). As this nerve is small, it is often not visible during the operation which makes damage more likely. To minimize the possibility of damage to this nerve, your plastic surgeon should avoid “cutting” or “cauterizing” anything in the area of the nerve, which is on the side of the breast nearest the armpit. Your plastic surgeon may instead gently stretch tissue apart to make room for the implant. By stretching rather than cutting, the nerve is stretched but not severed. Stretched nerves are less likely to result in permanent numbness. Regardless, no plastic surgeon can guarantee preservation of nipple sensation. So, if the possibility of permanently numb nipples would make you regret having had this procedure, then you should probably chose to not have breast augmentation. Abnormal Pain after Breast Augmentation Abnormal pain after breast augmentation: hypersensitivity Abnormal pain or hypersensitivity after breast augmentation can be a frustrating sequel of breast surgery with implants. Of the posts I have written, the only one that gets almost daily feedback is “Pain after Cosmetic Breast Augmentation.” Here is the link: http://tavmd.com/2012/02/16/pain-after-cosmetic-breast-augmentation Unfortunately, many breast augmentation patients continue to have pain months after surgery. Some aches are related to muscle stretching and others to nerves. Many questions are related to symptoms associated with nerve damage or nerve stretching that lead to dysesthesias, an abnormal or painful sensation brought on by normal stimuli. This involves: numbness, especially in the central part of the breast a burning or “electrical shock” sensation in the breast and nipple pain in the breast; generalized ache or sharp pains hypersensitivity of the breast and nipple; at times patient cannot tolerate clothing touching the skin! CAUSES OF NERVE DAMAGE DURING BREAST AUGMENTATION Breast enlargement surgery involves placing a saline or silicone implant under chest skin/muscle. The implants will stretch the skin/muscle as well as blood vessels and nerves. When an implant is placed over the muscle, nerves are at a higher risk of injury. Whether cut or stretched, nerves will stop functioning correctly after breast augmentation. Normal sensations may not be transmitted (numbness) or may be transmitted in a faulty manner, causing abnormal breast pain. HEALING OF BREAST NERVES Nerves heal through a slow and fascinating process. Each nerve is a bundle of many different nerve cells. Each nerve cell has its own specific sheath called a myelin sheath that protects the nerve. Think of it like the plastic (sheath) wrapped around the metal part (nerve) of an electrical cord. When a nerve gets damaged, there may be a total loss of it or just bruising. A bruise will be repaired within a few weeks, but if there is a break in a nerve due to stretching, the myelin sheath will remain intact but the nerve will have to grow back at a rate of 1 inch per month, all the way from the spine down the sheath. This process can take up to two years and is dependent on how far away the end point of the nerve is from the spine. Cut nerves in your foot and it takes years for sensation to come back, if it ever does. For your breast area, if a nerve is cut or dies, it will take about 1 year for sensation to return to normal. ABNORMAL BREAST PAIN SENSATIONS As nerves grow back, they can sometimes: take a wrong turn get jumbled up grow to the correct area but not know what to do and transmit the simplest sensation they can, which is pain! When a nerve grows back in a jumbled-up manner, it causes a neuroma, a knot of nerves that is exquisitely painful and requires surgery for removal. More commonly, new raw nerve endings arrive at the right place but transmit the wrong sensations, such as pain, burning, electric shocks and hypersensitivity. These nerves need to be taught how to do their job, a process called desensitization. In the next two posts I’ll talk about what you can do to decrease abnormal pain after breast augmentation. Morad Tavallali, M.D., FACS Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Washington DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland
I herd castro oil works , sasturate a flannel with it and wrap plastic around then put a heating pad over it for 30 to 40 min I'm try